Chapter 17

I can't believe I forgot to put this song in this chapter! But please listen to it while you read this chapter, you can just have it on low volume to help set the mood, the song played in the movie during Billy's death and I think it really helps! This song is one of my favorite from the movie so enjoy!

Jason's POV

By the time we made it to the cliff, the sun had already started to rise, I tried so hard to not let any tears escape, I needed to be strong for everyone and Maddy. I could tell Kimberly was hanging on by a thread, we stopped at the top of the cliff, and we slowly lowered Maddy down, "Slowly..." I said. Kim helped me hold Maddy's body close to mine, I tried to be as gently as possible with her body. Kim came over and brushed Maddy's hair out of her face, and started to cry again, this broke me a little and a couple tears escaped. Kim looked up at me, "it's ok... it's ok, I've got her" I choked out, Kim nodded and finally let go of her sister. I tightened my hold and kissed Maddy's forehead slightly, then I jumped over the side of the cliff, and we landed in the water safely, the other's followed, and we swam until we reached the entrance. Once we were all out of the water, I picked Maddy up and cradled her body close to mine, and we rushed to the power grid.

Alpha 5 happened to be in there, talking to Zordon about something, Alpha 5 was shocked as was Zordon as I gently set Maddy on the ground then faced them

Alpha 5 happened to be in there, talking to Zordon about something, Alpha 5 was shocked as was Zordon as I gently set Maddy on the ground then faced them. I climbed down the steps, "do something ok!" I yelled at Zordon and got closer to the screen, "there must be something you can do for her?" I begged, we were all desperate for his help at this point. Zordon sighed heavily and looked at Maddy's body, "I told you that you were not ready" Zordon answered solemnly, but that answer wasn't enough for me, "Zordon please help us, okay? Please!" I begged even more, "think of your wife, would you have saved her if you could have!" I said quieter, and I almost started to cry again. Zordon sighed again, "There is nothing I can do for her, we were both reckless with our teams" Zordon answered, his voice cracked some from sadness. I felt so defeated know, I turned around and faced the team, "I'm sorry guys, I'm sorry Kimberly", Kim looked up at me, "Maddy's dead because of me" I finished, Kimberly stood up, "No, Jason, it was all of us" she tried to reason with me. I got a little angry, "No! I pushed it, and as usual, I made the wrong decision, out of fear, anger..." I continued my rant, "she was a great person, she loved being a ranger, and she loved us, she was out light in the dark... and I'm sorry Maddy. I love you and I would trade my place for yours if I could" I finished, sitting down on one of the steps. I couldn't even look at Maddy's body at this point, everything was about to crumble down for me, and Maddy wasn't here to fix it.

Kim wasn't done, "maybe she traded her life, for ours" she stated, "I know I would trade my life for any of yours" Kim finished, soon everyone spoke up and agreed, saying they would also trade their lives for any of us. Kim walked down the steps and stood in front of us all, "the truth is, whatever we've said to each other...it doesn't matter... this... this is the only thing that matters" Kim said while pointing to us all. We were all interrupted by the morphing grid freaking out, Alpha 5 then yelled out for Zordon to look at the grid, which was going crazy at this point, "Zordon, this is your time, the grid is open, step through" Alpha 5 yelled out, something happened, the room shook violently, and the lights temporarily went out, and Zordon had disappeared. Nothing happened, it was pure silence, Alpha 5 kept asking for Zordon, but there was no sound, the room remained dark, when all of the sudden, the entire room shook again and Zordon appeared once again in the same wall that he was confined in earlier. We were all shocked, Alpha 5 was just as confused as us, "Zordon, what? Why didn't you step through? That was your only chance" Alpha 5 asked Zordon. Zordon sighed, "I know...but only one can come back" Zordon said, we were all still a little confused until we heard something behind us.