Chapter 3

(just pretend Maddy is also in the picture)

Maddy's POV

"Careful!" I told Jason, as we climbed down a rocky area, Jason offered me his hand, I grabbed it and we helped each other safely get to the bottom, I could see Billy about 20 yards away, and he wasn't alone. Another boy had come flying down the mountain from the other side, he went straight for Billy and shoved him back. "Hey man! You can't be blowing stuff up!" the boy yelled at Billy. I quickly jumped in front of Billy, and shoved the guy away from him, the Chinese guy seemed shocked that I would intervene. "Easy guy!" I spat at him, Jason quickly jumped in front of me before the guy could do anything, "let's sort this out" Jason told the guy. "Maddy!" someone shouted, "Maddy!" someone shouted again, it was my sister, she was running down the same hill Jason and I came down. When she got to my she wrapped me in a tight hug, "oh thank god you're alright! I heard the blast and freaked out", the Chinese guy started to yell at Billy again, Billy tried to explain himself, he was basically yelling because his hearing was partly gone from the blast. Jason seemed fed up by Billy's yelling, which happened to be right in his ear, "Billy... you don't have to yell, we can hear you, okay?" Jason told him, Billy through up his hands and yelled ok.

We were all interrupted by a female voice, "hey!" the person shouted, we all looked up, there standing on top of the cliff was a girl in a beanie, she had headphones wrapped around her neck. "You guys looking to get busted or something? This place is restricted area" she shouted at us, "oh really, Einstein? Restricted?" the Chinese guy said, "as in... we shouldn't be standing on a crazy rock, doing some karate kid moves right?" he continued sarcastically. But the girl wasn't finished, she called out the Chinese guy for camping out on some old train, I think we were all so lost by now, we had no idea what they were talking about. "Guys...", I could barely make out Billy trying to get out attention, but it was hard with everyone talking. I walked towards Billy, trying to hear what he was trying to say, none of us heard the cliff was starting to crumble. "What is it Billy?" I whispered to him, I put my hand on his arm, he just looked at the rock wall, I followed his gaze, he was looking straight at the wall, I stepped forward a little and put my hand on the rock, that was when I felt and heard it, the rocks were shifting. The wall cracked and I immediately turned and shoved Billy back, "everyone lookout!" Billy and I yelled. The wall collapsed, I could faintly hear the girl who was standing on top of the cliff scream, I could only hope that she was ok.

I pushed Billy out of the way for the most part, a lot of the rocks fell mostly on me, but I was fine. After the everything stopped falling, there was a huge amount of smoke around us, everyone was coughing. "Everyone ok?" I heard Jason ask, he had just started to stand up, everyone at least said they were ok, which was good, "I'm ok" I said. I was still laying on the ground, I couldn't really get up because there was a big piece of rock that was pinning my leg to the ground, the rock was resting on my shin. "Maddy!" I heard Jason say, his footsteps quickly ran in my direction, my sister followed close behind him. Jason got to me and looked down at my leg, the first thing he asked me, was if I was ok, "I'm fine, I think" I told him, but the rock on my leg was really starting to hurt. With the help of my sister, Jason and her got the rock of my leg, and they pushed it to the side. I started to stand up, Jason and Kim helped me, I went to put weight on my leg and was shocked when I found that it barely hurt to put any weight on it. They both stood there just in case I needed assistance, I went and pulled up my legging, to inspect the damage, all that was there was a gash. "I'm fine, I promise, it's not even that deep of a cut" I told them both, Kim wrapped me in a hug, "I still don't understand how your always so lucky" she laughed, I hugged her back.