Sixteen

Quick appreciation to graphicsbytee for making my new cover 🙃

Continue....

* * *

Waking up the next day put all five of them, and all the remaining contestants off.

There was no sun today. Instead the sky was covered by dark clouds. Could they make it rain in here as well? Damn, it was becoming too unpredictable for them.

Liam sat under the tree, combing his fingers through Niall's hair. He looked back to see Harry cuddled up to Louis and Aliyah cuddled up to Harry. It was adorable. And then he began to think of the necklace around Louis' neck.

They'd been following it for six days and today would be the seventh. They'd really been in this maze for a week. It's amazing that they've survived. He thought about Dylan and every other person who had faith in Louis, and by some extra foreign logic his friends, to somehow defeat the system.

And all they had was a compass in a necklace.

He scoffed, causing Niall to shift slightly and curl further into his boyfriend's warmth. He smiled slightly, continuing his hand motion in the younger's hair.

His gaze shifted up to the 'sky' above. The arrangement of the stars was so formal and organized, even a person with OCD would question their life. Then he thought of how the compass would need to be drawn to a magnet of some sorts. Maybe they were being led to the base of the control room?

He furrowed his eyebrows as it started to make sense. They were in a jungle and the only visible metal they'd encountered was back down at the island, but yet the compass led them upwards. He wonders how much longer considering they were the only ones left.

Well: Louis, Harry, himself, Niall, Aliyah, Zayn and Perrie.

It could be another week till they're all dead, or shorter depending on how fast they can find their destination.

It had to be about half an hour later when Louis walked over, stretching his limbs and rubbing his eyes to wake up.

"I thought my mood was gloomy enough. Does Simon have to prove it to me with this weather too?"

Liam smiled, looking up at the boy who was trying to control his hair that was standing all over the place.

"He's probably taunting you."

"Well he can taunt somebody else!"

Louis said rolling his eyes towards the sky, hoping that maybe there's a secret camera of some sort. And then he remembered how they always watched the games at home meaning there were indeed, cameras around.

"Compass still pointing the same direction?"

Liam asked, still sitting at the base of a tree and Niall curled up in his lap, arms wrapping around himself. Louis smiled at the image then took out the necklace and opened it, watching the arrow turn and stop a little towards North.

"Yup. I hope we're closer now. I want to go home already."

As soon as he finished his sentence there was a loud crack of thunder that had them flinch and Louis covered his ears. Niall, Harry and Aliyah woke up scared out of their minds and Aliyah whimpered into Harry's chest.

"We should probably head out."

Louis said to no one in particular. Everyone understood.

They packed up quickly and with Aliyah walking between Harry and Louis, they begun their journey for the day.