Eight

Authors note at the end = importance

* * *

"Singer-actor Harry Styles was caught in a wildfire yesterday."

"Harry Styles escapes deadly bullet-fire unharmed."

"Area 53 attacking the Populars?"

Harry jolted awake from his sleep and sat upright so fast. His eyes were squinting into the darkness but he could feel the tears slipping down his face. He grabbed the blanket and scrunched it in his hands. He closed his eyes shut and tried to silently cry to himself, trying not to wake Louis up.

Harry couldn't shake off the memory of the headlines from that day him and Louis were almost killed. They stayed hidden for almost ten minutes after the firing stopped before relevant authorities barged into the room. They cleared most of the carnage and by the time they got to the back where the drumkits were, Harry was basically shaking and Louis was crying but comforting him.

He'll never get that scared yet determined face out of his head.

The moment the drum was pulled off of them Louis was dragged to a standing position and his hands forcefully pulled behind him. The headphones were yanked off his head. Harry was pulled up softly and they kept asking him questions but Harry was only looking at Louis' tears and couldn't understand why Louis kept saying 'It's going to be alright.'

He was in handcuffs but he was comforting Harry?

Louis was taken away from there and Harry was taken home. It wasn't until he got home and Liam and Niall asked how it went that he actually broke down.

Louis was brought back the following day and he looked broken and he didn't talk to anyone for hours.

It wasn't until midnight that Louis snapped out his shock phase and literally started screaming. Only Harry, Liam and Niall can testify to what happened that night.

Harry was pulled from his dark memory when he felt a warmth on his back. Then he felt arms wrap around his waist and he couldn't help but choke out a pathetic cry.

"No baby. C'mere."

Louis becomes more alert when Harry leans into him. He had groggily woken up to the sounds of sniffles and he immediately knew it was Harry.

He cuddled Harry and Harry clutched onto Louis' shirt as he cried into his chest. Louis held him impossibly closer and whispered sweet nothings to him and kissed his hair and his forehead and his nose just to get him to calm.

Harry eventually did calm down after half an hour but he couldn't fall asleep. Even Louis' hand stroking his curls wasn't working to get him back to sleep. But the feel of Louis' small hands threading through his hair so softly and humming a song Harry couldn't recognize was so calming that he just didn't want to fall asleep.

"Harry?"

"Mmm?"

"Do you... do you trust me?"

Harry made minimal movement as he tilted his chin upwards to look Louis directly in his eyes. It was dark in the room but Harry saw small beautiful sparkles in Louis' eyes. Louis watched Harry look up at him and saw the remnants of his previous tears. His eyes flickered momentarily to Harry's lips and Harry noticed this. He moved upwards and let his lips connect with Louis' in a soft reassuring kiss.