Fourteen

On the side, fe-fücking-tus 💀

Couldn't find combined photos of them in blue and green shirts so let's just go with this instead 💙💚

Enjoy fam xx...

* * *

The longer and longer they stayed in the dome, the more confused and messed up it seemed to get. Honestly.

The next morning when Niall woke up, he felt as though his stomach grumbled slightly. And then the scent of food filled the air and he was drawn to walk outside the cave, unarmed might I add.

When he stepped out and sniffed the air properly, he gagged. Why was there a prominent smell of dog food? Yuck!

He spotted Liam at the base of a tree, still asleep and he skipped over to the boy. He gently jumped onto the older boy's lap, causing him to shriek and instinctively grab the spear beside him. Niall being smart, kicked it out of his reach.

Liam opened his eyes in a frenzy only to catch sight of the giggly fake-blonde in his lap. Liam sighed and tilted his head backwards, then let out a small chuckle.

"That was highly unnecessary Ni."

"You're welcome."

Niall replied with sarcasm and an eye roll, leaning into Liam's shoulder and relaxing completely, the smell of dog food disappearing away from the bubble that was him and his boyfriend.

Liam's arms wrapped around him and Niall's mind started to wander. The fact that the entire country was watching them in these games was a foreign thought to him, yet they had been those watchers years before. Never had they imagined being the actual players.

And then he started to think of how Simon was part of the committee that continually developed the games. It was no coincidence that Simon was this time's leader and it was no coincidence himself and Louis were picked.

Simon knew all the threats to the country and each member of council tried to eliminate every threat as soon as possible. It wasn't really right according to the rules to just downright kill them, hence the games.

Niall continued to contemplate and came to the conclusion that because they were no coincidences, him and Louis had to figure out how to shut down the games, once and for all.

As much as Simon was trying to get rid of them, there was something so much bigger than just these games. So much bigger than the country on its own. And that's where the compass was taking them. To a place where they could be set free and expose the council.

"Morning lads."

Louis said, walking out of the cave stretching slightly. His hair was tousled messily but his eyes were a content blue. Niall smiled up at his best friend and Liam asked him about his sleep. Niall was snapped back to the present when Louis asked,

"What is that smell in the air? It is horrid!"

Niall chuckled and stood up from his comfortable position and walked over to his best friend, putting an arm around him.

"That, my friend, is dog food."

"The fact that you know that is quite alarming to me blondie, but I shall not dwell on it. We should start heading out. Sun's almost overhead."

He said, pulling Niall into a short hug and then walking back into the cave to find Harry curling in on himself in his sleep. His nose was scrunched up in uncertainty but he still looked so young and cute.