Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2

Start from the beginning

Just as I turned away from the mirror, Lauren walked into my room grinning widely, “Look at you,” she said as she placed her hands on her hips and looked me up and down, “Jacob is not gonna know what to do with himself.”

Laughing I shook my head at her, “You look great too Lau,” I said as I took in her appearance. Lauren was wearing a dark red off the shoulder floor length gown that had a deep low V-neckline. Her blonde hair was pinned over to one side and cascaded down her shoulder in deep waves.

“Lookin’ to catch someone’s eye tonight?” I said jokingly before silently kicking myself for saying that once I saw her smile falter just a little before she quickly pushed her wide smile back on her lips and playfully rolled her eye’s, “Not even, I don’t need to catch anyone’s eye…they’ll already be on me,” she said making both of us laugh. 

Suddenly our laughter stops when a few knocks come from the front door, “That’s the guys you ready to go?” Lauren asked.

I nodded as I walked over to my dresser, “Yeah let me just get my clutch and I’ll be right out there.”

“Alright I’ll go let them in,” Lauren said before leaving my room to answer the front door.

Picking up my clutch from the top of my dresser, I gave myself one last gaze into the smaller mirror over the dresser before walking out my room and into the living room. 

Lauren was just opening the door for the guys when I walked in and once I saw Jacob, I stopped in my tracks at the sight of him. My breath caught in my throat as my eyes raked up and down his body taking in his all black tailored three piece suit accented by a deliciously fitting black button-up and black tie. As my eyes traced their way back up to his gorgeous face, his ocean blue-green eyes locked with mine and my knees almost gave. He was absolutely beautiful to me… and he was all mine. 

I hadn’t noticed him walking towards me until he was standing right in front of me, a smile spread across his face, “And just when I thought you couldn’t get any more beautiful, you go and prove me wrong,” he said before placing a soft kiss against my cheek, “I don’t think I’ll be able to keep my eyes off you.”

Looking at him with a wide smile of my own I wrapped my arms around his waist, “Maybe that’s a good thing,” I said teasingly making Jacob chuckle as he brushed a wavy lock o hair away from my eye, “It’s a very good thing.”

Moments later we all were piled in Jacob’s car, and on our way to our destination for the evening.

*****************************************

By the time we arrived at the event, the sun had disappeared, turning the hot day into a warm summer night. We pulled up in front of a two story light yellow building, its structure square and wide. The building was surrounded by an oversized parking area that was now cluttered with cars. As we stopped in front of the entrance of the building a valet was waiting as we exit the car. After Jacob gave his keys over to the man he took my arm and slipped it around his own.

We follow the line of guests walking in front of us inside the building, once we step inside my eyes widen at the beauty of the place. I had to admit, Jacob’s mom really out did herself and I could tell she spared no expense. The first thing that caught my attention was the two story wall that was made up of windows at the far end of the room. The unmistakable view of the bay almost took my breath away as my eyes took in the scene and the long thick balcony lined with round decorated tables just added to it.