I was looking away at the floor unable to look at Shawn. I felt like I was naked as he looked back and forth between myself and the silly fort I'd made.

"Where did you get the lights?"

I looked up not expecting that question and saw his hand brushing under the string of lights. His fingers dangled over the lights that I'd trimmed the edges of the fort with to provide warmth.

"I borrowed them from Brooke."

Shawn then slowly looked at the ceiling seeing the lights that usually hung on her wall were gone. "Oh, I see."

I continued to watch Shawn with a blank gaze, unsure of what was to come. His hand brushed over the lights and then he leant down a little to peek inside. When he stood up he quickly looked to my bed before looking to me.

"You put all your bedding on the floor?"

His face was hard to read, so I still felt on guard and didn't want to be too vulnerable.

"Yeah." I paused wondering if I should provide more information, but opted not to.

Shawn turned to look at me again, and I felt myself taking a deep breath as he did. He said nothing for a very long time but only stood looking at myself and then to the ground and back up. He was clearly in thought.

Then he gradually came and stood closer to me, until his proximity made me slightly uneasy. His body was only a few inches from mine causing me to peer up at him. I could smell him now.

We both continued to stand near one another saying nothing and it was odd until I realized that we both were assessing one another. Shawn was seeing how upset I still was with him for standing me up, and I was still seeing if he was still going to follow through with doing it. We stood this way for a very long time until all the tension seemed to dissipate between us.realized that we both were assessing one another. Shawn was seeing how upset I still was with him for standing me up, and I was still seeing if he was still going to follow through with doing it. We stood this way for a very long time until all the tension seemed to dissipate between us.

"Fast and Furious you said?" He said softly as he glanced to the bed sheet fort.

I stood with my expression unchanged. Either I was going to accept his attempt to move on or I was going to deny it.

I slowly nodded.

"Okay." He whispered after a moment.

"Okay," I replied. I was calm and more at ease, but I still was hurt with Shawn standing me up. However, when he saw the slight adjustment of my expression he grinned before slowly turning it into a full smile that made me feel much better.

"The real question here is, which one?"

He was trying to lighten the mood and I had to appreciate his effort. I smiled before rolling my eyes and gave him sass. I was done being upset. 'Whichever one is on Netflix."

He grinned which I followed by rolling my eyes and turned. "C'mon, you want popcorn right?"

"Of course." He said following me to the microwave.

I pulled open a bag and put it inside, Shawn watched closely, his eyes intense as I turned it on and as it began to rotate inside I turned and rested on my hip.

Slowly as there were a few pops from inside the microwave and then Shawn inched forwards. Without saying anything his hand slowly slipped into mine and we both looked down at them as his large thumb brushed over the delicate skin on the top of my hand. Then the hand touching mine reached for my hip and he pulled me closer as his other hand brushed my hair behind my ear.