61

The tension is high among the group as they await the time for the explosion.

"I'm going in for her," Gabriel finally says, not being able to wait any longer.

"You can't go right now. The timer will go off before you can get to her." Trinity says urgently. But he knows that Gabriel will ignore him and go after Martha.

"I can't let Marthe die." Gabriel insists and pulls away from the hold Trinity has on his sleeve.

"I know." He looks over at Ana and finds her looking at him with fear in her eyes. "I'm going with you." Ana closes her eyes in pain, but doesn't say anything. Family comes first and she knows it. That Trinity is family to her...well she'd go to save him if things were like that. She nods. 

They are gone before she can lift her head up again. She finds Damon looking at her with concern. He understands as well, but if Trinity dies than it will hurt Ana deeply. Not to mention he's not sure how he'll tell Trudy or Trina.

"He'll be safe enough." Damon tries to reassure them both. He's come to care deeply for Trinity as well.

"Either he will or he won't, there's nothing we can do. We have an explosion to witness and survivors to kill." They head out to their preselected locations. They need to make sure the entire family dies. They owe it to Martha to make sure her sacrifice isn't in vain. Ana hardens her face, and her babies need to have that family dead as well. She will not allow that family to hunt them.

They take the short ride to their destinations. The men take positions in the surrounding buildings. Two man teams, one from Hawk and one from Phoenix. They still haven't found the traitor and don't know how much has been told to Jean-Claude.

"Jackson, go with Luke. Keep a special look out for Trinity and his brother." Jackson is reluctant to leave Ana's side.

"Go, my friend. I don't fully trust Luke. I don't want him to kill Trinity out of jealousy." Ana says laying her hand gently on Jackson's arm.

Jackson looks over at Damon to see what he should do. He doesn't want to leave Ana, "I'll make sure that she is safe. She needs Trinity to live, please do this for her."

Jackson leaves then and heads out with Luke. He thinks that she is making a mistake though. 

Trinity and Gabriel go swiftly through the mansion searching for Martha. If they are unable to avoid detection they quickly take care of it.

They find her beaten and curled into a ball in her bedroom. They get her dressed and leave as swiftly as they can.

They take turns carrying her. Martha starts fighting them before they make it to safety and insists that she can walk.

They set her down and she follows Gabriel swiftly with Trinity bringing up the rear.

They are near the exit when the rumbles are heard. "Shit!" They all say at the same time. That's all they have time for before the tunnel starts coming down. They find an alcove and hole up in it until the dust clears. 

The dust is cloying and clogging. Trinity can't breathe and notices that the other two can't either.

They pull up cloth to breathe through and it helps but not a lot. Gabriel catches Martha as she faints. Then Gabriel too faints from lack of air. Trinity chokes and fights the fainting but at last he too succumbs.

"Jackson is there any sign of them?" Ana calls on her communications mike.

"No sign of them Ana," Jackson gets out before he feels a burning pain in his back. His last thoughts as he blacks out are that he found the traitor.

"Jackson?" Ana, queries and doesn't get a reply. "Damon something is wrong with Jackson. I think we found our traitor." She says urgently. Trinity may or may not have survived that blast but Jackson can be checked on now.

Damon sends out several men to go and check on the two set to look for Trinity and any others that might try to exit through the tunnels.

The men go up the building as silently as they can. They don't know who or what they'll find. They all like Jackson though, he'd been the only one able to calm Damon down while Ana was gone. They hope nothing is wrong with him or Ana will be impossible and that could set Damon off. They are already afraid of what things will be like if Trinity doesn't walk out of that mess alive.

They cautiously open the door and see Jackson with blood soaking his back and Luke at his gun lining up his sights.

"I see three people coming out of the tunnel exit, Ana," Damon tells her. He's trying not to get her hopes up though.

"Is it Trinity, Gabriel and Martha?" Ana demands.

Damon looks through his binoculars. " They are heavily coated in dust, it's hard to see who it is.

Damon looks harder, he sighs. "It's them."

Just then a shot fires.

"NO!" Ana jumps up and races to the stairs.

Damon is just behind her and the other men follow them down from the roof.

Ana is out of shape due to having been on bed rest for so long and so is breathing hard before she even leaves the building. 

She ignores the burning in her lungs and the fire in her legs. She runs to the exit.

"He pushed me down and took the bullet. It was like he knew it was going to be fired." Martha says to Ana as she races up. Martha has tears mixing with the dust that cakes her leaving muddy trails down her face.

"No, no, no Trinity you can't leave me." Ana screams.

Damon holds her back, his own tears falling. Medical teams race to the two men that are down.

"This one is alive." One medic says and starts working to save the man lying so still.

"This one is gone," he looks over at Ana, "I'm sorry Ana, there's nothing we can do."

Jackson has never hurt so bad before in his life. He hears the gun go off and he knows that he failed Ana, but he's not going to give up. He kicks the gun before the traitor, Luke can line up another shot.

His world goes dark again as he hears others take down Luke. He just hopes that Trinity isn't dead.