24

"Damon!" Ana says in joy. If they have been separated for four weeks it doesn't surprise Trinity that Ana is so happy to see him.

"Perhaps it would be better for me to leave now?" Trinity says awkwardly, "I don't want to be in the way." They are after all still newly weds.

"Don't be ridiculous. I was going to see you after I checked on Ana." Damon says, the rancor he felt towards Trinity before his marriage is completely gone. Trinity supposes it had something to do with wanting Ana and not being able to be with her. Now that he has her he doesn't have to worry about her with others.

Damon motions for him to go over to him as well and gives him a man hug. "Calum says that you don't remember the accident at all."

"Just bits and pieces. Sounds and smells mostly." The young girl silently leaves the room, she had told him on the way down that he just needs to let the nurse know and she'd come back for him.

"That girl likes you, Trinity," Ana teases Trinity once the girl closes the door behind her.

"I don't know why, I'm a mess. I was able to shower but haven't had time to shave  yet and I need a haircut." Trinity closes his eyes and shrugs. His energy is gone again. He hopes this isn't going to be a long term problem.

"You okay, Trinity?" Damon notices and is concerned at Trinity's actions.

"Yeah, you'd think after four weeks of sleep that I'd be able to wake up now." Trinity gives himself a small wake up shake. It doesn't do much good but it helps a bit.

"Your body knows what it needs to heal, don't fight it. Have you seen Jonah yet?" Ana asks compassionately.

"Not yet, that was my stop after Damon, but since he's here I will be able to stay longer. What have the doctor's told you?"

"Absolute bed rest. I'm going crazy," Ana says petulantly.

"Yeah, but you wouldn't do anything to jeopardize your children." Trinity says soothingly. "Trina had a doctor's appointment before she stopped by to see me."

Damon is the one that responds to that. He's been worrying about Trina and having to deal with the stress of the accident of what happened to her family members. "How is she?"

"Her blood pressure is too high, she needs to reduce her stress level. She also has news that she might just kill me for telling, but," Trinity smirks as he looks from Ana's rapt look and Damon's concerned one, "I'll tell you anyway. She's having twins. When she told Calum he was poleaxed. They left to be alone for a bit. It looked like they could use it."

"I'll do my best to give him more time with her," Damon says thoughtfully. 

Ana's delighted at the news. "I'm going to be an aunt twice over." Both the men start at that. It isn't a fact that they had paid much attention to. Calum being Damon's brother would make Calum's children be her nieces and/or nephews.

Ana being an only child is thrilled at the idea of a large extended family. That if Calum remarries Trina would make Trinity her family through marriage just makes things even better.

"Ana, Damon there is something I would like to ask you, I would like to know if the children are mine biologically. I won't interfere in any way, in all respects you would remain the father, Damon, if they are. It's just there's medical history that she should have for the children. But if you don't wish I will understand." Trinity has wanted to ask this but with how territorial Damon is about Ana and the children he hadn't dared before. But there is medical history that Ana should know if the children are biologically his.

"Are there health issues in your line?" Ana asks gently in the heavy silence that follows his request.

"Cancer and it's the genetic kind. Also heart conditions things along those lines." Trinity says softly. "Truly Damon, it's for the health of the children." Trinity doesn't like how Damon is looking at him. "But if you feel that you can't I won't push you. Forgive me, I'll leave you two alone now."

Trinity wheels his chair around and moves towards the door, "No, wait. You have valid reasons for this request. I will have the children tested when they are born against you and Jacob. I already have his medical background and it holds some medical hot flags as well. I never thought about the need for that information. Thank you for bringing that possibility to our attention."

Ana smiles at him, "Thank you. Has the doctor told you when he's going to release you yet?"

Trinity snorts in dissatisfaction. "All that ass did is threaten to medicate me if I didn't calm down and take out the damn air tube. He found out that I didn't remember the accident and cowardly left my mother to fill in the blanks. I thought I was responsible and that I'd killed you and the children."

"Trinity you can't do that. We were told that they had to bring you back twice because your heart gave out." Ana says in alarm.

"Yeah, that's what I was told as well. All I know was I spent a great deal of time in memories. I can't shake the feeling that this accident wasn't. Calum tells me that there is no evidence to the contrary, but well I could just be paranoid. You two need time alone. I'll come visit another time."

He's just about to the door when Damon speaks again, "Trinity?"

He pauses, "Yes, Damon?"

"I'm glad you're awake. You don't know how much relief this brings. We both hope that Jonah wakes up soon too."

"Thank you. From what Calum has told me, it's not too likely though. I don't think I could bare seeing my mother if she loses him."

"We won't remove life support until she's ready to give up, I promise you that Trinity. Those damn doctor tried to kill me when I was eight. I won't let them kill Jonah." Ana promises him.

Trinity wipes away the tears that come to his eyes with her promise. "Thank you, that means a lot." Ana has never broken her promise. He wouldn't be able to trust Damon's promise as much.

He opens the door and finds Shelley chatting with the nurse at the nurse's station. She sees him and is quick to come over.

"Could we go see my step father now?" Trinity asks in a voice husky with held back tears.

"Of course," he could tell the girl has questions but doesn't want to intrude.