Chapter 29

Your POV

It's been two months since Tsunade has let you return to your duties as a ninja. She managed to clear your name throughout the village so that you could do your community service in peace.

You haven't seen much of Naruto but you know he's busy with missions.

Kakashi hasn't been around a lot either and has been going on missions. You moved in with Kakashi and finally got out of the old apartment you used to live in with Naruto. Sometimes you see Kakashi at home at the end of the day and sometimes he isn't home because he's away on those missions.

It was fine until one morning you woke up without Kakashi laying next to you. You sighed as you realized he went out on another mission.

"You left again without saying good morning... is this really going to continue.. me, by myself most of the time... barely seeing you anymore... it sucks." You got out of bed and went to get dressed for the day.

~ Time Skip ~

You were in Tsunade's office ready to receive your mission for the day, but you realized that something felt wrong. Tsunade nor Shizune would look at you directly and kept their focus on other things.

"Um, Lady Tsunade? Is everything alright?" Shizune flinched while Tsunade frowned. The bad feeling in your stomach got worse.

Lately, you've noticed a lot of fighting going on, especially between Naruto and Sasuke. You tried talking to Sasuke yesterday after he fought Naruto on the hospital roof, but you had to wait until Kakashi finished scolding him first.

Flashback

"Sasuke, are you okay? What's going on?" You said as you approached Sasuke and sat next to him in the tree. Sasuke frowned and looked away from you.

"Wouldn't you rather check on your precious little brother than me, (Name)." Sasuke said with an attitude in his voice. A vein appeared on your forehead as you hit Sasuke in the head. He grabbed his head and looked at you as if you were insane.

"Baka! Don't forget that I'm your sensei too! I care about you as much as I care about Naruto. So don't try to come at me about who I care about or not. Now tell me why you fought Naruto."

"I... I was just so angry. He's getting stronger and stronger every day. Meanwhile, I'm just getting weaker. How am I ever supposed to avenge my clan if I can't even lay a scratch on him or Itachi?!" Sasuke said while clenching his fists. You sighed and rested your hand on top of Sasuke's head. He looked at you confused.

"Sasuke, you are getting stronger. And believe it or not, you did actually hurt Naruto. You always put yourself down when it comes to your strength. I thought we went over this last month when I was training you." You said while sitting beside Sasuke giving him a side hug. He pushed you off and stood up in front of you.

"It's not enough. I appreciate your help in training me, but I need to get stronger (Name)-sensei. I need to defeat Itachi. I need to find my own way to get stronger without following in his footsteps. I can't do that here.." Sasuke said before disappearing. You sighed as concern started to grow in your gut.

End of Flashback

Tsunade said exactly what you thought she was going to say.

"Sasuke left the village. He's on his way to Orochimaru's hideout and is in danger." She said with a serious expression. Your eyes widened as you turned around, you grabbed the doorknob but Tsunade held the door so you couldn't open it.

"What are you doing?! I gotta go help Sasuke!" You said with a frantic expression. Tsunade pinched your face.

"Let me finish speaking, you idiot! I sent Naruto and Shikamaru along with three other genin to save Sasuke. You need to worry about your own mission today." Tsunade said while pulling you away from the door. You pulled your hand out of her grasp and saw her turn back with an irritated face. But you were angrier.