Chapter 9

Kakashi POV

As Kakashi ran through the village at night, he couldn't help but think about you and blame himself for your current condition. "The only way I can make up for this is to check on Naruto and keep my promise to you, (Name)." Kakashi thought as he approached the door to your apartment. Before he can even knock, the door swung open.

"Nee-chan?!" Naruto screamed before he realized it wasn't her. He was crying and it made Kakashi feel even worse.

"Oh, it's just you spiky Baka.." Naruto says as he wipes away some tears. "Where's Nee-chan, I thought she'd be back from her mission by now... I miss her.." Naruto said as tears start to form again. Kakashi couldn't say anything. All he did was place his hand on Naruto's cheek. Naruto looked up at him as if he was expecting the worse news to come out of his mouth. But Kakashi couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Do you want some Ramen? I promised your sister I'd watch over you tonight, but don't worry she's fine. Her mission is just taking too long due to how far she has to travel, nothing bad alright?" He said while wiping the tears away from Naruto's face. Naruto nodded and smiled a little bit. "I want to make Naruto smile, at least until I get to see yours again (Name)" Kakashi thought as he gave Naruto a piggyback ride to Ichiraku Ramen.

~ Next Morning ~

Kakashi slowly opened his eyes, sat up and found himself in an unfamiliar room. Then he remembered he stayed at your apartment with Naruto and this was your room. The rising sun hit Kakashi's face as he turned to see Naruto in the same sleeping position you were in. His whole body spread out and a wide grin with drool coming out from his face. "When did Naruto come over to sleep next to me?" Kakashi thought as he ruffled Naruto's hair. But then Kakashi sees his expression change. Naruto was frowning and twisting around.

"Stop.. don't look at me... I'm not... a monster..." Naruto said before he calmed down. Kakashi then remembered that Naruto was the Nine-tails jinchuuriki. "Minato-sensei.." Then he thought about how much Naruto looked like Minato. Extremely alike at that. It only left curiosity in him but he decided to wake up Naruto.

"Oi, Naruto. It's time to wake up, you need to go to the academy today." He said while shaking Naruto.

"Five more minutes Nee-chan..." Naruto mumbled. Kakashi chuckled a little. "He loves you just as much or even more than me, (Name)." Kakashi thought as he smiled. Then he pinched Naruto's cheek "you won't get any breakfast if you don't wake up."

Naruto woke up immediately. "Breakfast?! Why didn't you say so!" Naruto says as he jumps from the bed and runs to the bathroom. Kakashi had sweatdropped.

"Man, you two are so much alike. Like sister, like brother." Kakashi says as he chuckled and fixes the sheets on your bed.

~ To the Kitchen ~

"Whoa!!" Naruto's jaw dropped when he sees pancakes, scrambled eggs, sausages, and a cup of orange juice in front of him. Anime tears were starting to form in his eyes.

"Spiky Baka, you sure can cook!" Naruto says as he eats his breakfast. Kakashi only sighed as he sat down with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"How many times do I have to tell you Naruto. My name is Kakashi, not spiky Baka." He says while quickly drinking his coffee without Naruto noticing. Naruto was surprised as he looked at the cup that had coffee and Kakashi with his mask. Curiosity was blooming from that moment on.

"Hey, spiky ba-" Kakashi cuts Naruto off, knowing what he was going to say. "Wow look at the time Naruto. If you don't leave now you'll be late for class."

Naruto looked at the clock and screamed. He ate the rest of his food, put on his shoes and was about to leave out the door. But he stopped and looked at Kakashi.

"Um, thanks for watching over me... you didn't have to, yet you did." Naruto says with a wide grin on his face. It made Kakashi a bit happy.

"Don't thank me Naruto, I'd do it again if the time came again. Besides, I'll always watch out for you, okay?" Kakashi says as he kneels down to Naruto with his fist out. Naruto's grin got bigger and he nodded while fist bumping him back. Then he left running out the door. Kakashi watched him as he left out of his sight. He was smiling under his mask.

~ Time skip ~

Kakashi was heading towards the hospital to check on you. He had passed the restaurant you two had met and he bought some flowers for you on the way there. But Kakashi was extremely nervous. He prayed that your condition got better and not worse, as he remembered your pale face.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Tora (Name). Is she cleared for visitors?" Kakashi asked a nurse at the front desk of the hospital.

"Yes, she is. I'll guide you to her room."

As Kakashi neared your room, he heard screaming and a loud commotion come from the door.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME! I'M FINE! WHERE'S KAKASHI-KUN?! IS HE ALRIGHT?!"

The nurse with Kakashi opened the door and found you standing on top of the bed fighting two nurses. Kakashi looked in and saw you wrapped in bandages. You both found each other's eyes and relief washed over both of you. (Name) jumped over the two nurses and you both ran towards each other. Kakashi grabbed you and spun you around. His grip on you tightened, tears were coming out of your eyes. Not just from the pain of the wound but because you were in Kakashi's arms and he was safe.

"Kakashi-kun! I'm so happy you're alright!" You say as you place your hands on his face.

"Baka, I'm the one who should be saying that." Kakashi says as he puts his forehead on yours.