A Home away from Home

A vast quiet room. A room truly fit for a queen. But nowadays, desolate and dark.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE ESCAPED?!" Moon exclaimed desperately, with a hint of fear in her tone of voice.

Looking beaten and tired, she was standing in front of a mirror, a mirror reflecting an alien figure. On the other side was Rhombulus,

"Uh-Uh-um ye-yes Queen..." Rhombulus started to speak hesitantly.

"Que-Queen Eclipsa escaped her crystal prison.."

"AND IT'S ALL HIS FAULT!" A third, snakelike, voice yelled.

"Umm.. excuse me Queen Moon.."

Rhombulus glared at the opposite direction of Moon and starts whispering to his hands. He turned back.

"So-Sorry about that." He chuckled nervously. Queen Moon sighed.

"Do you at least know where she might have gone?"

"No, Malady..."

"Maybe, THE HOLE IN THE WALL IS A CLUE!" A fourth voice added. Rhombulus once again turned around and whispered to his hands, a bit louder this time.

"She doesn't have to know about that!" He turned around with an awkward smile. Moon spoke.

"Just gather the High Commission so we can conjure a plan. I'll be there in about an hour."

"Yes, Queen Moon!"

Moon hanged up. Moon fell on top of her bed, exhausted beyond words. She was very nervous. After the stand against Toffee, the last thing she'd expected was the return of an evil queen. Didn't she and Mewni deserve some peace and quiet?

She laid down, contemplating her situation. She bolted up, now sitting, and said to herself. "I need to talk to Star."

A soft creaking sound could be heard.

"Mom.." Star unlocked the door to the Queen's and King's bedroom. Moon laid on her bed motionless, whispering to herself. "...You wanted to see me."

Moon looked back at her worried daughter. "Oh Star, come over here .. we need to talk." Star limped towards Moon, nervously shivering.

"What happened?"

Moon, hesitant, answered back.

"I called you over to tell you th-that.." Moon stuttered, ".. After what happened during the stand against Toffee, I have decided that you cannot leave Mewni."

"What? Why?!" Star snapped back, her arms flailing. Before Moon could answer back, Star continued.

"Toffee is dead! Ludo is in another dimension with no way to get back!"

Star paces herself around the room. "Why can't I go back to Earth! It's not like Eclipsa......"

She let the Queen's name roll out her mouth. She sat back next to Moon. "Oh no no noooo..." Star stared silently at Moon and started shaking her head. "No, no no! Please don't tell me Ecipsa has escaped! Please don't!"

Moon looked pitifully at Star's face of terror. She breathed out a heavy sigh, "That is unfortunately the case."

"Oh no, oh no, oh no!" Star kept repeating. She started freaking out, looking one step away from a panic attack. After letting this go on for a second or two, Moon grabbed Star's face, turning it towards her. She tried to calm her down to no avail, patting her on the shoulder. Star started panting wildly. "Calm down sweetie, it's okay, it's okay." Moon embraced Star.