Chapter 38 : The TRUTH

Start from the beginning

The next what she did wasn't what I ever dreamt of.

She removed the ring from her finger and continued.

NO.. Please don't do that.

".... And this really did mean something to me. But Just to tell you, now It doesn't mean anything to me. You can give it to anyone who you think deserves it.... I don't really care... "

She pulled my hand in front and kept that gold-platinum band in my palm.

Ahana.... Trust me... It belongs to no one except you..... It never has... It never will...

I never felt so bad in my entire life. I need to go. I can't handle this anymore. I was about to leave when suddenly Ahana's soft hand grabbed my fist which contained the ring.

"Not this time Ansh.... Not this time you are abandoning me alone here. You have to hear it. The entire thing. You have really formed a lot of misconceptions...."

I stopped when I heard that. What was she talking about?

" It's high time now."

It was only her voice that was dominant tonight. I didn't speak at all after she removed the ring. It was a blow. I never expected this to happen. This time I must have hurt her a lot.

" You think Jaai and I are a thing, Right? "

She said looking it straight in my eyes.

I didn't have a answer. I know they can't be but then I always find them so close. Ahana's laughs with him are something I can't get my mind off. She is so happy with him.

" I wish.... We could love each other more than just being best friends. But it's really unfortunate that we can't. Not just we both are committed to someone else, but just because there wasn't a spark between us. Not once did he or I ever thought anything like that .... Not once.... Ansh.... And YOU.... Made me go through all of it..... "

I looked straight at her.

Committed????

Ahana was my wife but what about Jaai??? He didn't even have a girlfriend. I did a background check on him.

" Yeah!! If you could notice so many things, just for once, for God's sake if you saw that ring in his finger. Just once Ansh....."

As soon as she said it my mind was thrown in flash back. Seriously, did he wear a ring?

Of course, he did wear it. When I went to his house that night I saw it. He offered me a cup of coffee with his left hand. And also when he was setting up Ahana's strands of hair in her office. I was so angry all the time that although I noticed it I ignored it.
I remember it now.

It's True... That Anger Makes You Oblivious To the Most Obvious Things

Ahana sat down on the bed and I followed her. I sat beside her. She sniffed for once. I made her cry once again. I don't understand why I do it. And will I ever be able to keep her happy?

" If only you knew what a person Jaai Mehra is, you wouldn't have said such a thing Ansh... I swear you ll regret it."

" Ahana.... So, what happened? Aren't they together?" I finally said something after such a long time.

" No.... That one small mistake changed everything. Our friendship and their relationship. But Jaai has the bravest and the strongest heart. Despite its broken he makes sure I am happy with you. I wish he knew that it's not possible."

Why??? Why is that not possible Ahana??? I can try... And I want to try.

" Her name is Zara Zaveri. We three were childhood besties. You wouldn't believe that Zara and Jaai initially couldn't tolerate each other's presence but then love brought them closer. Everything was more than perfect. They were perfect and happy, so were their families.