"You lied to me," She snarled "Both of you fucking lied to me."

"There is an explanation." My voice was steady and calm, trying not to upset her any more than she already was.

"Oh, I would love to hear what you pull out of your ass this time."

She shoved past me, walking towards a sign that read 'Welcome to Georgia.' We were pretty far from home on a rural road; one lined with poppy flowers and large stalks of corn. The sun hung high above our heads, keeping my skin warm, almost to the point of a burn.

"You need to know why you look like her," I called out after Elena. She stopped dead in her tracks, fingers curled up into her palm as her head hung low. Her jaw was clenched and eyes dark. She resembled my sister here- driven to this anger instead of inheriting it. "You'll never find out if you go hitchhiking in the middle of nowhere."

She let out a long sigh, turning to face me as I shoved my hands in my pockets. She was beyond upset- she should be- a necklace not hanging from her neck anymore where it always sat. The scent of vervain that she carried gone.

"Get in the car, Elena." I told her, "I'll explain everything when we get there."

"Get where?"

My eyes flicked towards the sign once more- outlined in a white that contrasted with a deep green. There was only one place in Georgia that I knew of. One that Damon had ties to, anyway.

"We're going to Bree's."

Alcohol slid down my throat with a familiar burn, one that made my eyes water and stomach churn in the best way possible. I didn't mind it- the slight buzz that it provided was enough to get me through this conversation.

A bar tender had given me a beer, Elena staring blankly at hers as I messed around with a plate of fries and a burger that was left untouched. I thought that maybe some greasy food would settle my stomach- the old comfort of the matter usually doing the trick.

But this time, as Damon sat across the bar with a woman who I had only heard of by the word of mouth, I wasn't getting any peace. I bit down on the end of a fry as Elena finally rose the drink to her lips- cringing away from the alcohol.

"I thought you couldn't eat people food." She grumbled, scratching at the scab that was formed over the cut on her temple.

I scoffed a bit, "What's the point of living forever if you can't enjoy the simple things in life like a good burger?"

She nodded. Not asking the question she really wanted the answer to. She was quick to quiet down as soon as we got here- realizing that maybe she didn't want to know the truth. Or at least not right away.

"I was looking through an old book." Elena let out a shaky sigh, "The pages turned until it got to a bookmark. One of those really old ones. The kind of portrait that one takes with a family in the 1800's. No offense."

"None taken,"

"She looked exactly like me... I-I look exactly like her Rowan."

I cleared my throat, not exactly sure what to tell her. A lot of this was up to Stefan. He had been keeping things from her more than I had. He saw a lot more than I did- including the accident that ultimately ended up killing her parents.

"Katherine had that portrait taken to immortalize her legacy and her looks." I told her, raising the bottle of beer to my lips as I finished off the rest of it. I wanted to get a buzz, my goal making it easier on me to tell Elena everything I knew. "I find it tedious considering she was immortal. Is, if she's still in that tomb that Damon's trying so hard to open."