162 Candles

Her teeth brushed against the edge of my neck, the sharp sting of a wound pooling against my collarbone as she continued to bite down. The girls touch was warm, tongue suddenly swiping across the new wound to sooth the pain. It was quick to mix with pleasure.

I drew in a shaky breath, my eyes clenched shut as I curled my fingers into the fabric of her shirt; the material soft between my grasp as she trailed her touch up the edge of my jaw in a softer manner.

"This is a really wonderful way to say hello," I mumbled between pants. She chuckled, her whole body shaking against mine as the laugh cut through the air. She had gotten to my lips now, pressing against them with a tender kiss. I melted into it almost immediately, sinking my own teeth into her lower lip.

"How the hell else was I supposed to announce myself?" Lexi purred, pulling away as she kept her arms lazily draped over my shoulders. I could feel the paneling of my wall dig roughly into my spine, the girl having cornered me to the point of no escape, not like I wanted to get away from the green-eyed girl anytime soon.

Her soft blonde hair fell into her gaze, flowing over her shoulders as she gave me a lopsided grin. She hadn't aged a day; her features still soft and playful as she bit her own lip now, staring curiously at me.

"What brings you to town?" I asked as she pulled away, shoving her hands into her pockets. Her shirt was riding up a bit above her waistline, the bag she brought with her sitting by the front door. She carried it everywhere, for good reason.

"You know the Salvatore's?" She asked, chuckling once more as I rolled my eyes. Everyone knew the Salvatore's- or at least they did in this town. "Well, it's Stefan's birthday tomorrow. The big 162."

"Ah," I laughed myself, running a hand through my hair "He hadn't mentioned it."

She simply nodded, having enough of conversation for one day as she placed her palm right above my shoulder, leaning into me than she had before. I lifted a brow cautiously, clenching my jaw. Our relationship had gone on like this for what seemed like years.

Blood and sex usually mixed well with our encounters, but we had always been able to confide in one another if it was necessary. She seemed to be an expert on vampire behavior; detox and all. A master of control to the point of annoyance.

"You do have a bedroom in this place, don't yet?" She taunted, knitting her eyebrows together.

I smiled widely "A bedroom, a couch. Oh! A kitchen counter."

"How about we start with a shower?" Lexi spoke in a small whisper "It's been a long trip. I think we both need one."

The room was freezing, a tactic that I assumed they used constantly in police stations. I had never been in a warm interrogation room before, now that I think about it. The ones I had suffered through all felt below zero.

Sheriff Forbes sat across from me, her stare almost as icy as her office. I had only seen her once or twice when I picked Caroline up for school, her main focus on getting out the door just like her daughter. We shared a few friendly smiles, and a quick bowl of cereal, but nothing more.

"You said the last time you saw Vicki was at the Halloween party?"

I swallowed roughly, nodding "Yes, Ma'am. She looked a bit out of it, but she was on a lot of pain medication from what Matt told me."

"Did she mention anything about leaving town?" The Sheriff leaned back in her chair, the whole thing creaking in response. I had gotten quite good at lying, even if it wasn't the best thing to do. My main focus was on keeping Elena from cracking under the pressure.