Chapter 1

When I was 7, I woke up in an unfamiliar surrounding. Everything was white and I was feeling an excruciating pain in my head. I couldn't move, my body was aching all over and for some reason I felt scared. My mind was blank, no matter how hard I tried focusing nothing came to my mind. I was scared that I cried.

I cried because my mind was blank, I cried because of the pain in my head, I cried because my whole body was aching, I cried because I didn't know where I was, I cried because I was feeling so cold and empty. I was laying still, crying my eyes out when all of a sudden a pair of warm hands touched my face wiping my tears away and a warm voice was trying stop me from crying.

When I opened my eyes I thought I saw an angel. I was a crying mess that time and I kept on sobbing. She was trying her best to stop me from crying but when I wouldn't stop she sat down beside me and carefully picked me up and enveloped me in her warm embrace.

"Shhh... I'm here, I'm here, Hindi kita iiwan, tahan na... Nandito lang ako."

She kept repeating those words to my ears until I stopped crying. I loved the feeling of being in her embrace. It totally removed the excruciating cold that I was feeling that moment. I snuggled closer in her embrace trying to get more of her warmth as she rocks me back and forth. After a while my eyelids grew heavier and sleep took over me.

After that day, the angel kept on visiting me. She took care of me, she reads me books, feeds me, she even bathe me, she sang me lullabies as I went to sleep.

During those times whenever I wake up and I don't see her I always cry hard. Some people will always come by and checks on me, trying their best to stop me from crying but they always fail. The harder they try, the harder I cry. The only time that I stopped crying was when the angel finally arrive and hug me tight. I only feel comfortable with her.

Then one day, the angel told me that we were going home. She packed my things and we went away, from the place I stayed for a long time. After some time we arrived at a big mansion. The angel told me that, that will be my new home. She told me to call her mommy and that my name is Harris Coen Montefalcon.

From that day on my life has been perfect. She was always busy with work but she always makes sure to make it up to me. She sent me to the best school. Bought me things I like. She sings me to sleep. She brings me to places I wanna go.

My whole world revolves around her that whenever I don't see her I starts to miss her. I just always want to be beside her. At school I always look at the time, wishing for class to end quickly. I always feel excited because I will get to see her for she always makes sure to pick me up after school.

There were times that I have my tantrums too. Like whenever I see her talking to other guys whenever I visit her at work. I always cry hard just so she will bring me back her attention. Whenever she brought me to an orphanage I always ended up sulking because she would be busy attending to the other kids.

I was told that I was so possessive of her and that I seem to love my mommy so much. At that time I never really paid any mind to whatever other people says about what I do just to get her attention. Because there was just one thing that was always in my mind and that is she's mine, she's my angel, and I love her with all my heart.

And as I grow older that love grew. It grows and grows without any stop. I thought that the love that I felt for her was a simple love of a son to his mother but when I was 12 a topic about love interest was opened and everything became clear to me.

It was lunch break and all my buddies were talking about the girl they like. I was never interested with that type of topic that I never joined them. Then, Mark, out of nowhere asked me what do I think about this girl Trish. The girl who keep looking at me whenever she get a chance. He told me that she was a catch and that she would suit me best. "The popular boy and girl of the campus together is a good thing." was what he told me.

He even pointed Trish to me, who, was once again, staring at me. She waved at me when she saw me looking at her but I didn't wave back. I stared at her for a long time taking in her face. I tried imagining her and me together but I can't seem to get a clear picture of it in my mind.

While I was still looking at her, Mark told me that Trish was a beauty but my mind didn't agree to it entirely. Yes, she has good looks but she was nowhere near the angel that I call mother at home. Her beauty will take your breath away  while Trish's face was just ordinary for me.

"I don't know, she's not that pretty. " was what I told Mark.

"Anong hindi maganda? Ang ganda kaya nya! " Mark countered.

"Mataas naman kasi yata ang standard mo ng ganda eh. " Dee my other friend said.

"Well if I found a girl who can surpass my mom then I'll date her. "  I flatly said.

"Dude! Nakita mo ba kung gaano kaganda ang mommy mo? Dyosa yun dude! Dyosa!! " Dee exclaimed.

"Kung ganyan ang standards mo mahihirapan kang humanap ng magandang babae. I don't think there will ever be someone who can be a par with your mother! " Mark also said.

"Well, wag na lang natin sa mukha ibase, eh napupusuan? Sinong babae ang pumapasok sa isip mo kapag naisip mong in love ka? " Dee suddenly asked.

And I was taken a back when my angel, my mother's face came to my mind. Then my heart beat erratically.

"What does it mean if I thought of someone? " I asked out nowhere.

"Wow dude! Meron nga?!!  In love ka na!! " Mark excitedly said.

"Who?! Who's the lucky girl?! " Dee asked excitedly.

I was already spacing out that time.

"My mother... " is what I said.

"Huh?! " they asked at the same time.

I looked at the both of them and said. "I thought of my mother. " I honestly told them.