Daybreak

Wendy's POV

The sun has finally set and we are still eating dinner. It is awfully silent right now, but I guess I understand why. "Could someone pass the rice gruel?" Natsu asked, but unfortunately, everyone was too lost in their own heads to hear him. "Could someone please pass the rice gruel?" He asked again adding emphasis to the word 'please'. "Here Natsu san." I said as I passed him the bowl. "Thank you..." He replied as he took the bowl. "Natsu san... Um,--" "Gray sama! What's wrong?" I was cut off by Juvia but when I turned to what she was so surprised about, I too was shocked. Gray was coughing out blood. "No, it's nothing. I just used a spell that takes 10 years to perfect and..." "Gray sama... What did you say? Could this spell be called Makahadoma?" Juvia pondered. "How did you know?" Gray asked her. "Makahadoma?" Lucy asked. "A lady with Long Blue hair, named Esdeath taught it to me, but warned me to wait and practice more for 10 years... If I didn't use it to kill Misa then we wouldn't have been back." Gray said. "Esdeath? Did you say that the lady's name was Esdeath?" Levy asked. "Yeah." "I've read about her once... But she died years ago... How..?" Levy was mumbling to herself. "Did she say the side effects of using it early?" Lucy asked. "Uhm. I know what may happen..." Levy mumbled loud enough for us to hear. She pulled out a book from her bag and read it aloud. "Makahadoma, the technique that  freezes space and  time, is named after one of the cold hells in religion. A great amount  of energy is used to pull it off, which is why it can only be used very rarely, however, to perfect this trump card you must dedicate 10 years of your life to practice this technique, if you won't take 10 years of your life and use it immediately, you will slowly become a cold blooded killing machine. You will lose your humanity and you will never feel mercy. You will start thinking differently and you will end up feeling no sadness. You will kill anyone that gets in your way without a second thought. You will become the ultimate sadist and you may end up torturing everyone. However, the good part in this is that you will still feel love." Gray was just sat there. "This is what happened to Esdeath. She didn't listen and then she became the most feared woman in her time.." Levy continued. "Wow that is just..." Gray started. "I have no idea what to feel right now." Gray continued with the most confused face. "Gray sama, if you ever need to talk to someone... Juvia will always be here waiting." Juvia said with a genuine smile. "Juvia, when all of this is over... I'll give you an answer." Gray said. Juvia stared at him with wide eyes, then she smiled with a few tears in her eyes. " Well Juvia looks forward to that day."
There was this awkward silence that was killing me, no one dared to speak when, "I think it's time we sleep. We have a long journey ahead of us, and all the sleep we could get would be very important." Kagome said, after a long time of not speaking. "Yeah... Let's go." Shippo agreed.

Time skip: Right before dawn

Inuyasha's POV

"Do we have everything that's needed?" Kagome asked them. "Yup. Who brought the food?" Natsu also asked them. "Dammit, let's just go." I yelled. "Do you people even know where Naraku is?" Kaede questioned us. "We really don't. But this is a war already. He's gonna come to us to get the Jewel Shards anyway." Kagome replied. "Look. The sun is starting to rise." Wendy pointed out. "Well then, I guess it's time." Erza started. "It's time we find our friends. Now that it's daybreak, we must leave." Jellal continued. "Let's find our friends." Shippo cried out.

To be continued...