Chap 14

Alice's POV.

I shudder as the wind hits my cheeks.

I have a really bad feeling about the central gem I don't know why but I just do.

Trevor morphed into an elephant  and now we are riding him to where the gems we collect say the central power gem is. The gems blink faster when we get closer. It forms a sort of compass pointing us in the direction where the Central gem is.

Their is little chatter I think we're all nervous for the big battle.

"How do you think we are gonna get the gem" Kelsey asks.

"Well...," Ryan starts devising a plan so complex I can barley keep up.

"I think two of us should head starlight on towards the gem and the other sneak behind and try to grab the gem... Blah blah blah"

I stopped listening while he kept talking, and talking, AND TALKING!

I just can't explain the bad feeling I keep having whenever we're talking about the battle. I feel sick almost. I just met these people and I am automatically assumed to fight for the Kingdom with them against a mysterious dark force...

"Got that Alice?" Ryan asks.

"Huh?, oh yup I sure do!" I reply.

We all kinda zone out and I don't mean to but I fall asleep.

Ryan's POV.

After I finished my brilliant battle plan, which I'm pretty sure Alice wasn't listing to. We all stared monotonously at the ground moving.

And after awhile Alice fell asleep on my lap!

She is so cute when she's sleeping.

Even if she does snore alittle.

What seems like minutes actually hours past and finally it was dark and we were within five miles of the central power gem. I gently nudge Alice's shoulder to wake her up.

When she opens her beautiful golden eyes she blushes abit and sits up again.

We all get of Trevor who now morphed back to human form again.

He looks exhausted.I give him his canteen and he passes out with it still in hand

"Alright we'll camp here and start devising better battle plans for tomorrow. Since I'm pretty sure someone wasn't listening" I glance towards Alice.

She blushes furiously and turn around with Kelsey as they start putting up the tents.

Trevor and my jobs were to make fires and catch fish, but since he is passed only I will catch the fish. Kelsey insisted, her nails couldn't get dirty so I also cleaned the fish all alone as well.We all gathered stones and sticks put them up in a teepee formation and took out out last bit of matches and lit the fire.

Like usual we all sat around the campfire. Except Trevor who snored by the campfire, we all talked about nothing like usual. There was something off about the group that unsettled me.

"Guys I wanted to say thanks for being my friends, and whatever happens in battle, if one of us dies, we all will be praying for you." not my finest words..I don't why or how I said that but it felt right. I'm pretty sure none of us could sleep that night.