Chapter 1

Alice POV

I can't wait. I finally get to start Chrangel School. Every Chrangel has an eye color to what element they control. Orange is fire, blue is water, white is ice, yellow is lightning and storms, purple is mind control, green is plants, and brown for earth and wind. But my eyes are gold. What if I'm not a Chrangel, but just a normal human? I have never seen a human before, If I am a human I will be kicked out of the Chrangel village, locked up, or, I shudder, be Shadow Changed.

They use Shadow Change when someone either has done something terrible or doesn't have a power. Shadow Change is when you transform into an animal and will never be able to change back, unless the queen or king turns you back... What if... Nonsense. Stop thinking about it, Alice. They wouldn't do that to you.

I go down for breakfast and have Honey Oats. I gulp down some milk, grab the keys for my scooter that were on the counter in my kitchen, say goodbye to my parents, and I scoot over to my best friend Mackenzie's house, Mac for short. She welcomed me into her house with open arms and excitedly starts chatting.

"Can you believe that in two more days we get to start school?" she says excitedly.

"No, I can't!" I squeal and we both giggle and scream with excitement.

"And you get to spend the last two days with me!" she yelled.

We grin, grab hands and start jumping up and down excitedly like preschoolers.

"It sucks that you won't find out your power until the initiation," says Mac.

"Yeah, and I still don't know if I'm even a Chrangel," I say frowning. Mac was an ice bender, which means she has pure white eyes and striking white hair. She is about 5' 8" and 16 years old, whereas I have wavy brown hair that reaches down just below my shoulders, with golden eyes, and I'm about 5' 7" and the same age as Mac.

"Don't worry about that, you will just find out a little later than most. It's natural, I think," she says unsure.

I start thinking about everything that will happen at the initiation.

Mac then interrupts my thoughts, "Come on Al," Al is what she calls me, but my full name is Alice, "Just stop worrying, it will give you pimples!"

I quickly snap up to my full height and say, "Alright let's just get this party started!"

We had two full days of gossip, movies, shopping, and, of course, first day of school preparations.  Then with a blur the last morning came. We got dressed in our dresses and headed to where the is school.

After a little while of exploring the campus everyone walked out onto the school pavement where the big statue of Queen and King Chrangel stood over the city. It was beautiful. The sun shone perfectly on the marble statue making the deities look well, angelic. 

 A woman with a purple pantsuit and brown hair with a tight bun to the side walked out onto the platform on the other side of the statues. She gathered all the supplies she needed to test your powers and make sure that you were qualified to join the Academy. She began to speak he voice high pitched and seemingly proper., "Hello, and welcome to Chrangel school sorting ceremony. This to to let you as well as your instructors what your gifts are. Let's begin. Once I have called your name, come up to me and you shall be placed into your classes with the help of my machine." the machine she referenced is used by scanning your eyes and giving you a slim clue as to what powers you hold. "Once you have been assigned to your classes, you will get your schedules. There are dorms for both boys and girls on either side of the great hall. Now let us begin! Amy!"

A girl, who must be Amy, walks up and her eyes get scanned. "You may enter!," purple pantsuit lady says Amy proceeds through the gates where she will seemingly be met with both instructors and the rest of the student body.

This continues for about 20 minutes. Then she says, "Mackenzie." She walks up nervously and her eyes get scanned, "You are ice." Then more people. One after the other a student is called up and the crowd grows smaller. Finally, she says, "Alice." I am the last person in the crowd and am very juiced up on worry. I speed up the stairs with a million thoughts going through my mind, like What if I'm not a Chrangel? I'll be a freak, I'll be Shadow Changed! I shake my head to clear my thoughts. The woman uses the machine The scanner's light is blue and produces a cold and warm at the same time feeling. It's like a blanket clouding my vision. I hear a tink, telling her that the results are up. After looking at it, she hesitates and looks again. "It can't be," she mutters. "This can't be real." She shakes her head, looks one more time with disbelief, then says to the guards, "Take this one to the King and Queen. They will want to know about this!"

Mackenzie POV

I'm waiting for Alice to be called. When she finally does, she walks up slowly, lightly shakes her head, and gets scanned. The purple pantsuit lady must be having trouble because she hasn't said anything for a solid 5 minutes. She says something to the guards and they knock Alice out with some pink gas. All this is being shown on a small video screen that is on the other side of the gates where the student bod is waiting. Gasps are heard throughout the crowd as suddenly the screens go black and then turn only the channel is changed. There is a flurry of questions being asked mass confusion is spreading like wildfire.

I get a sudden rush of panic.

"Stop it!" I yell as I dash for the gates, I cant get through but once I place my hand on the cold iron of the gates and peer out they have already transported Alice into a large black limo and are heading towards the castle. I yell at the purple pantsuit lady and demand that she tells me what they did to Alice. She simply says, "You will see your friend in a short time. But for now she will not be enrolled until October, maybe later." I can't believe it! The purple pantsuit lady just took my friend and I won't be able to see her for a month or later!

@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@

Hello my unicorns!

Thanks for reading!

Sorry that my other books turned out so badly... If you read them.

Please read this one it will be much better and I will not quit.

I have my editor back now so... That's good!

If you want to know what will happen to Alice keep reading.

Please comment if something doesn't make any sense.

Thanks again for reading! Merry Christmas, Kwanza, Hanukkah, or whatever else you celebrate.

-Kimberly

Copyright 2014-2015