cuts and caring [eddmatt]

>>word count: 600
>>warnings: small mention of blood

Matt looked out the window, sighing. he frowned as he noticed it was still pouring rain outside. You see, the narcissistic was planning on leaving the house a while ago but couldn't due to Edd not wanting him to get sick because of the cold and cats and dogs...? or something else, Matt wasnt really listening, he was too focused on looking at his friends face... I mean his own face. Matt got up before he walked through the living room, into the kitchen. He decided he was going to pass the time by making some food. Matt walked over to the fridge and opened it looking to see if there was anything he could make or just eat. He grabbed a container of strawberries and blueberries then closed the fridge door. He set the containers on the counter, opening a drawer, grabbing a knife. He set the knife down next to the fruit before he grabbed a small cutting board and a bowl. He set them down next to the fruit, smiling. Matt opened the container of strawberries, taking a couple and putting them in the cutting board. Matt grabbed the small knife that was next to him and started to carefully cut the fruit. After he would finish cutting one into small slices he would put the slices into the bowl. After a while he got into a small, groove if you will, and started to space out. Before he knew it he had a nasty cut on one of his fingers. He let out a hiss, coming back to reality. He dropped the knife and walked over to the sink, turning the water on. He heard someone walk into the kitchen, opening the fridge. He assumed it was Tom grabbing some Smirnoff as he put his finger under the faucet, letting the cold water hit his cut. He let out a small hiss, wincing a little. He froze when he heard a small gasp and something fall to the ground. He heard someone run over to someone and he looked over to see his cola loving cru- friend, yes friend, Edd. Edd looked down at Matt's finger and loudly gasped "Matt! What happened? Why is your finger bleeding?" Edd carefully grabbed the ginger's finger, inspecting it. "Edd, it's just my beautiful finger it's fine." Matt said, trying to keep calm. He would normally be freaking out about something like this, but since Edd was around he wanted to seem cool. "But that's just it! It's your beautiful finger that's hurt! Come on, let's go get you patched up. Edd grabbed Matt's arm and dragged Matt out if the kitchen, but something caught Matt's eyes. It was an open can of cola with cola everywhere on the floor. Did Edd really waste a cola just to take care of Matt? Matt couldn't help but blush and smile like an idiot at that idea. Edd, sacrificing one of his favorite things to take care of him! Maybe Edd even had feelings him. Matt chuckled to himself and shook his head, confusing Edd. Edd and Matt walked into the bathroom. Edd forced the ginger to sit on the bathroom counter as he grabbed the first aid kit. Edd searched for a while before grabbing a bandaid, taking the wrapper off of it. The cola lover carefully put the bandaid on the narcissist's finger. Matt softly smiled. Edd did care about him, and that's all that mattered at that moment. He didn't even care about the cut on his finger.

"Thank you Edd, I love you."

"I love you too, Matthew."