Epilogue

"Caleb! You should get me some ice cream!" Alex whined as she tried to button her jeans. Pregnancy was not a good look on her.

"Why can't your fiancé do it?" Caleb questioned from outside the door.

"Getting ready for a job interview! Honey, have you seen my blue tie?"

"You put it in the laundry room, remember?" Jace nodded, leaving the room in a rush, allowing Caleb to enter. "Are you sure you should be having ice cream for breakfast?" he questioned as she lay in her bed, trying to get her pants buttoned.

"I have a person growing inside of me!" she groaned, "And you're living with us because your girlfriend kicked you out until you apologize. I think I can have some damn ice cream!"

"I'd go before she bites you," Jace said, rushing back into the room. Caleb nodded, still looking a little scared.

"You know what, I'll just wear sweatpants!" Alex hissed, walking over to her closet and taking off the jeans she'd been trying to put on. Just then, she felt Jace's arms wrap around her waist and she sighed.

"You look sexy, even three months pregnant," he whispered in her ear. She laughed and shook her head. "You're just saying that so I won't cry..."

He spun her around, kissing her on the lips. "No. I'm not. Now, I'm calling the office and telling them you're working from home today so you don't even have to put on pants. I'll be home at five and then I'm taking you out for dinner."

She smiled, pressing her lips to his. "I love you."

He grinned. "I know. And you're lucky I love you too..." she giggled.

Alex had gotten a job writing for their local newspaper. It wasn't the most glamorous job, but she loved it. Jace had become a producer for a local news station, and had an interview for Fox that day. They knew they'd be moving if he got it, but they didn't mind. They were used to traveling.

When Jace went to college, they tried to make long-distance work, but they eventually decided to break it off. The next five years of their lives were miserable at best. Neither tried to contact each other or even asked Caleb about the other because they didn't want to find out the other had moved on easily. But in reality, Jace had never made it past a first date, and the only guy Alex dated was two years after they broke up, and only lasted two months before he cheated on her. It was some sort of miracle that they ran into each other at a coffee shop, as cliché as that was, and started talking.

They had been dating for three years and he had just proposed to her when they found out she was pregnant.

"Okay, I'm off to the interview..."

"Good luck, baby." He smiled, kissing her quickly. "I love you. Have a good day."

"Love you too."

As Jace walked out, Caleb walked in with a huge bowl of ice cream. "Happy?" he questioned, handing it to her.

"Very," she said, giggling. "When do you have to be at work?"

"Not for another hour or so... But I think I'm going to go beg Carry for forgiveness."

"Good luck with that. I've seen her when she's mad. Just try to stop her from cutting off the family jewels."

"Not funny."

"Not joking."

She didn't miss Caleb rolling his eyes as he left.

Later that night, Jace came back to groaning and cursing. "Please tell me you're not having an affair," he joked when he saw a dress fly to the other side of the room.

"No! How could I have an affair when I look too fat for anyone to think I'm sexy?" she yelled storming over to the bed in just her bra and underwear, hiding under the covers. He sighed. This had been happening a lot since she got pregnant. He knew it was just the hormones though. He walked over to her and when he heard her crying quietly, his heart broke. He always hated seeing Alex cry.

"Baby, stop saying that... You're not fat."

"You're just saying that because you hate seeing me cry." She jumped when he suddenly crawled under the covers with her. He lay across from her, a hand on her waist and their faces so close their noses were touching.

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. That hasn't changed since we were teenagers and it won't change even when we're eighty and so wrinkly that our great grandkids think that we should be ironed." She managed to laugh through the tears. "You look beautiful to me no matter what, even on the days you get morning sickness. I will always think so even if you don't and I will always love you, especially on the days that you don't love yourself."

She smiled, wiping the tears away. "Thank you Jace... I think you're the only one who can calm me down when I'm on a crazy hormonal rampage... I love you too..."

"Good..." He kissed her nose quickly, before saying, "Now, screw going to a fancy restaurant, do you want to go get a hot dog?"

"God yes."

THE END

***

Wow, it feels so weird to say that. "The end". I'm kind of sad now. I'm going to miss Jace and Alex and Caleb and everyone else... Well, I hope you liked that and thanks for staying around until the end.... Bye, I guess.