Chapter Twenty-One: A turn of events

*Chapter Twenty-One: A turn of events*

"I can't believe you guys are finally dating," Caleb said at lunch, shaking his head. Jace and Alex grinned. They had been holding hands under the table since they sat down for lunch. To hide the mark on her cheek, Alex had pinned all of her hair to one side so it was covering it well. None of them had seen Miles, he'd probably gone home or to the hospital. Conner had beaten him up pretty badly.

"It was just a matter of time," Drew said, chuckling. Alex blushed, looking down at her food. They were getting way too much attention for her liking. A few girls were glaring at her enviously, considering she did have one of the most attractive guys in their school after just breaking up with another one of the most attractive guys in their school.

Suddenly, she felt lips press against her cheek. She blushed harder, but looked up at Jace, smiling. "Ew!" Caleb and Drew yelled simultaneously, Drew throwing grapes at them. "There will be no PDA at this table!" Drew yelled angrily.

"Just because you can't get a girlfriend..." Alex said teasingly. He scowled, but couldn't think of a good comeback.

That day went by pretty normally. Alex was still growing used to Jace coming behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist. She almost jumped out of her skin when he did that at the end of the day. "Sorry, did I scare you?" he said, unable to keep the smirk off his face. "No, no, not at all," she lied, getting her backpack from her locker. He casually took it from her and slung it over his shoulder and she couldn't help but grin to herself. "So, no rehearsal for us tonight... For the first time in forever," he stated, grabbing her hand and interlacing their fingers. She nodded. "Yeah, I know..."

"Do you want to do something?"

"We could go to my house... I don't think my parents are going to be home for a while..." He gasped, putting a hand over his heart. "Alexandra..."

"That is not my name-"

"I am beginning to think you are trying to take advantage of me!" She laughed. "Ah, darn, you caught me!" He smiled, looking down at her. "What?" she asked, confused. "Nothing," he said, a grin still plastered on his face, "I'm just lucky." She blushed, poking him lightly in the ribs. "And don't ever forget it," she teased.

When they got to her house, they decided to sit in the living room and watch movies. It wasn't very long before he began kissing her neck. "Jace," she warned. "Hm?" he said gripping her waist and pulling her closer to him. "I'm trying to watch the movie!" she giggled, pushing him away. He pouted, sitting back on the couch. She grinned at how cute he looked when he was doing that. She scooted closer to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his shoulder. He kissed her forehead and she grinned. It was another hour before he made another move. He grabbed her chin, moving her head to face him, and pressed his lips against hers. This time, she wrapped her arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. He grinned, pulling away slightly. "I'm so glad I get to do this whenever I want now," he whispered huskily. She bit her lip and his eyes flickered to that motion, before darkening slightly. He kissed her again, pushing her down slowly so she was lying down with him on top of her.

Before things got too heated, he pulled away. "We should probably stop," he muttered. "Or my self-control might snap..." She nodded and they sat up, both breathing heavily. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and they went back to the position they were in before. "You have no idea how happy I am that you chose me," he whispered, kissing her collarbone. She grinned, reaching up and running a hand through his hair, messing it up more than it already was. "Me too," she mumbled, kissing his jaw.

Just then, the door burst open and Alex's mom walked in. She looked slightly surprised. "Oh! Jace, you're here... Jace, why are you here?" Alex blushed, covering up her face. "Mom!" she whined. Alex's mom, Liz, laughed. "Sorry, sorry. I'm just surprised to see you're not at each other's throats."

Alex stood up, grabbing Jace's hand. "We're actually kind of dating now..." Liz's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Wow! What a turn of events..." Alex and Jace chuckled. "Yeah, I know," Alex said, "but I think it's a good turn..." Liz smiled, patting her daughter's shoulder. "Well, I'm going to go upstairs and answer some emails. Have fun."

They both waved goodbye and watched as she retreated up the stairs. "Wow that went better than expected..." Alex remarked. Jace nodded, a small smile creeping on his face. "Just wait until my parents find out."

Alex's eyes widened. "Oh no..."