Chapter Two: I'm about to eat Frosted Flakes, you cannot ruin my mood

*Chapter Two: I'm about to eat Frosted Flakes, you cannot ruin my mood*

“Okay guys, we are going to be working on Shakespeare scenes for the next week. I want you to pick your partners and I’ll assign the scenes for you,” their drama teacher told them. Of course, Alex and Caleb looked at each other right away. They were partners for everything and got really good grades when they were together.

“Good, Alex and Caleb are together,” their teacher said, smiling, “I have the perfect scene for you two! You guys have never done a scene where you’re in love, so I want you to do this one.” She handed them scripts. “Basically, Caleb, your character and Alex’s character are a couple, but you think that she is cheating on you with your best friend because evil people put a handkerchief in his room that you gave to Alex’s character. Alex, you think that he’s mad at you because you lost the handkerchief that he gave you and you’re confused because he shouldn’t be getting so mad over a handkerchief. So it’s just lots of confusion all around. It’s a really difficult scene but I think you two can pull it off.” They looked at each other and smiled.

“So, do you want to work on it at my house tonight?” Caleb asked. She nodded, “Yeah, that sounds good.”

So after school they went to Caleb’s house and began working on the scene right away. “I’m hungry,” she whined after a while. He sighed. “There are Frosted Flakes downstairs.” She smiled and ran downstairs happily. Her smile faded when she saw Jace.

“Ugh, you’re here,” he muttered. She rolled her eyes. “I’m about to eat Frosted Flakes, you cannot ruin my mood.”

“Wanna bet?”

She rolled her eyes, grabbing the milk and cereal. She jumped when she ran into someone behind her. “Um, excuse you,” she said, glaring at him.

“Told you I can ruin your mood. Will seeing me shirtless make it better?” She rolled her eyes. “Please, you looked at my ass more than I looked at your abs.”

“Well it did look good in those jeans…”

“Wow, I think that was too close to a compliment. That was weird.” He chuckled. Suddenly she realized how close they were. Their chests were touching and she could smell his minty breath. He took the milk and cereal out of her hands without breaking eye contact, and suddenly crashed his lips on hers. She immediately responded, wrapping her hands around his neck, tangling her fingers in his hair. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist while he carried her to the counter and set her down, his hands running all over her body.

Suddenly, they heard a gasp and he stepped away from her quickly. It was Caleb’s mom. She had walked in to her son’s best friend sucking the face of her other son. “Mom! Um, we were just… I was just… She was just…”

“Leaving! I-I was just leaving!” She raced out, not making eye contact with their mom.

She watched Alex leave, and suddenly turned on her son, making him flinch away. He knew when she was mad that she was scary. “Are you and Alex dating?”

“What? Mom you know that we aren’t.”

“I thought that you hated each other.”

“We do!”

“It sure didn’t look like it!” He sighed, running a hand through his hair, trying to fix it since he was sure Alex had completely messed it up. “So do you like her?” she asked, grinning. He rolled his eyes. “I don’t know mom! You just kind of walked in!”

Suddenly, her good mood vanished. “Well excuse me for walking into my house in my kitchen to see my son and the girl who’s like a daughter to me kissing on MY counter!”

“God you’re making it sound like incest!”

“No her and Caleb would be like incest.” Suddenly, a voice interrupted their conversation. “What about incest?” They turned around to see Caleb staring at them. “Where’s Alex? What the hell is up with your hair?”

 Well, he obviously didn’t fix it well enough.