Chapter Fourteen: Dress shopping is torture

*Chapter Fourteen: Dress shopping is torture*

Alex was walking to rehearsal with Caleb, when she saw Miles in the hallway. He was dressed for football practice and walking with his best friend, Brett. They smiled as soon as they saw each other, walking over to each other. "Hey," he said, hugging her. "Hi..."

"So, I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." She didn't notice as Caleb walked away. After knowing what his brother felt, he just didn't want her and Miles together. "What?" she asked, a smile playing on her lips. Brett still stood to the side, staring at his feet awkwardly. "Will you be my date to the homecoming dance?"

A grin spread across her face. "Well, I do have a line of suitors wanting to take me, obviously..."

"Oh really?" he said teasingly.

"Yeah... But I suppose I can turn all of them down..." He chuckled, kissing her forehead. "Good to know... Now, I should probably go. I'm going to be late already."

"Yeah, me too. Bye."

"Bye." They took off, running down the hall separate ways.

When she got into the auditorium, they were already doing vocal warm ups, so she quickly jumped on the stage and joined them, unable to keep the smile off her face.

When they had a break, the first thing she did was go over to Drew and Caleb. "Guess who has a date to the homecoming dance!" she sang.

"Miles asked you?" Drew said, raising an eyebrow. She nodded. "Wow, don't look so surprised."

"I thought we had plans that night," Caleb pouted. She groaned, instantly feeling guilty. "I know Caleb, but we can watch 80's movies any night! Come on, this is the guy I've liked forever and he's finally interested too! Please don't be mad!" He sighed, rolling his eyes. "Fine, I'm not mad. We can watch 80's movies any night..."

She smiled, hugging her best friend. "Thank you... Shit, I need to go shopping... Caleb?" He groaned, throwing his head back in annoyance. "Fine, I'll go shopping with you! Wait, Amy and Jace are going shopping for homecoming; do you want to go with them?"

"Sure, sounds fun..." she lied.

So that Sunday, they all went to the mall to buy the girls' dresses. Three stores later, Amelia had found a light blue dress that went down to her knees and brought out her eyes, but Alex still hadn't found anything.

"Alex, just pick something!" Caleb groaned. "It's not that big of a deal!"

"Of course it's a big deal, stupid!" Amelia snapped as she handed Alex another dress. "This is the first high school dance she's going to, and it's a date with the guy she likes! Could you be anymore insensitive?!" Jace sighed, getting up. He was hungry and tired and had a headache. He just wanted to eat and go home. Just then, a worker came and put a dark purple dress back. Jace furrowed his eyebrows, picking it up and looking at it. He decided Alex would look good in it, and went back to where they were sitting. She had just come out with a shade of green dress that made her skin look green too. "Here, try this," Jace said, holding the dress out to her. She nodded, and as she grabbed it, their hands touched. They both stopped for a second, making eye contact, before he pulled away quickly.

She came out a minute later, needing help with the zipper. Caleb immediately got up to help her. She turned around facing the three. "How does it look?" Jace couldn't help but stare. The tight dress went down to a few inches above her knees and hugged her curves perfectly, yet she didn't look like a slut at all. "Damn, you look fine," Amelia said, grinning cheekily. Alex laughed, looking down at herself. "Really? Do you think that Miles will like it?"

Jace felt jealousy pulse through him at the fact that she cared about what that moron thought. "Honey, he won't be able to take his hands off you," Amelia said, checking her out. She laughed, lightly hitting her on the arm. "We haven't even kissed yet; we won't be getting that far..."

"Alright honey, you keep thinking that... But I don't know if Miles will be able to control himself when he sees you in that dress."

"Can we just go?" Jace snapped, more harshly than what he meant it to be. "Yeah, alright, I'll just go change," Alex said warily. She didn't understand why he was so angry all of a sudden. He was the one who picked out the dress.

"Seriously though," Amelia said, "You look great. Miles will be drooling over you." She grinned. "Thanks Amelia."