And I Love Her

Chapter 23: And I Love Her

Flashback...5 May 1963

Well it's been less than a month since Emily lost the baby. I feel horrible about what happened, I haven't seen my brother this upset in a long time. As much as Emily and I didn't like each other I still feel so bad about what happened. I can't imagine losing your child like that, I'd be devastated if something like that happened to Ritchie and I when we would try for kids.

Oh, I also forgot to mention Emily and Paul broke it off. They both agreed that being around each other just made them think about it more and it made them more depressed. Seeing them break it off was pretty sad, but you have to do what you have to do. Paul's been out of it since the whole thing, I hate seeing him like this, heck we all do.

This weekend we're all down in Liverpool again because Brian and George Martin had to go on a business trip. As soon as we got here Paul went straight to our apartment and stayed in his room. The lads have all tried to cheer him up, they haven't succeeded though. Since they haven't succeeded yet they decided to turn to me to cheer him. And with that I decided to get little Mike to come and help me.

Mike and I were over at Dad's getting ready to go try to cheer up Paul. On our way out Dad stopped us. "Now you two be nice to your brother, this is a hard time for him."

I turned to him, "We are going to be nice to him, we're just going to be his annoying little siblings and cheer him up. Trust me, we can do this."

"If you two say so, good luck with that."

"We will, bye Dad." With that Mike and I left and went to the apartment. Arriving there a few minutes later we walked inside to see Paul still laying in his bed.

"Paul, come on and get up, you need to do something."

He grumbled and pulled the covers over his head more. Oh how does this remind me of how he was when Decca turned them down.

Mike walked over to the bed and shook Paul. "Come on, get your arse out of bed. Everything will be okay, there's other birds out there and you're still young, you have a lot times to have kids."

Paul peeked his head out at us. "But I loved Em and the baby. And will I find another girl, Mike?"

"We know you loved them, but things happen. And there's another girl out there that's perfect for you."

He sighed and covered his head again. Mike looked over at me and pointed at Paul in the bed, I could tell what he was thinking. He and I both climbed onto the bed and laid on top of Paul.

"Pam, Mike, get off of me."

I smiled looked down at Mike. "Nah, we're okay."

Paul tried to push up and get us off of him, but he didn't succeed.

"Oh come on big brother, you know you love us."

"You two are annoying.."

"Awe Pammy, did you hear what he said? He said he loves us!"

Paul grumbled. "I do, but you're annoying at the moment.."

"We're just being the best little siblings we could be, Paulie."

"Well, I love you both and thank you for cheering me up, but can you get off of me now?"

Mike and I got up off of him and stood by the side of bed, Paul got up after us. The three of us went out into the living room for a while. We all talked and had some nice sibling bonding time until John showed up..

He came bursting through the door and looked over at me. "Pam! There ya are! I've been looking all around Liverpool for you. Why weren't you at your dad's like George said?"