Two of Us

Chapter 12: Two of Us

9 February 1965

Today's the day, today's mine and Ritchie's wedding day. We're getting married at the Caxton Hall Register Office here in London. With the lads being who they are we couldn't have a typical big wedding, so we're getting married at the registry office which is fine by me. Since we couldn't do all the traditional things Bri demanded that we follow the man and woman not seeing each other until the wedding rule. I slept over at her and John's house last night while Ritchie stayed home. Baby Rydel was staying with Aunt Mimi. This morning John left to go over to our flat with George while Grace came over to help Bri get me ready for my wedding. We were all in the bedroom getting me ready. I had on a long sleeved white blouse with a skirt to match. They were straightening my hair and getting jewelry picked out.

"Okay Bri, we need to find her something new, something old, something borrowed and something blue."

Bri stopped doing my hair for a moment and ran into the other room, coming back in a few minutes later with a small bag.

"I have something old covered." She opened the bag and pulled out a necklace that was familiar to me. "I got this from your dad, he said your mum wore it on her wedding day."

She fastened the necklace around me, I looked at it on me in the mirror. A small tear fell from my eyes, it was like part of my mum could be with me at my wedding.

"Now, now, no crying yet. Anyway, I have something new covered." Grace went into her purse and handed me a box, I opened it to discover a silver bracelet with a heart charm on it with 'Ringo and Pam' engraved in it. "Congrats again, love George and I."

I slipped the bracelet on my wrist and got up to hug her. "Thank you so much Grace, I love it."

Bri grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down into the chair. "Let me finish your hair. Next we need something borrowed and something blue."

"Wait, I have something blue, hand me my purse." Grace gave me my purse and I pulled out another bracelet. This one was sentimental and a present from my brother. It was his lucky blue guitar pick with a chain on it. On the guitar pick he had our initials on it. Since he and Christine were on vacation in Sweden and he had no clue that we were even having the wedding and he gave it to me a while ago. "Here, Paul had this made for me. Even though it's strange a bit it's still sentimental, especially since he won't be there."

Bri finished straightening my hair. "Fab, now something borrowed. You can have something of mine." She went into her jewelry box and pulled out a hair clip. "Here, wear this in your hair." She pulled some of my hair back and put it in the clip. "Now there we go! You're all ready for your wedding! You ready to become Mrs. Richard Starkey?"

I nodded, looking at myself in the mirror. "I've been ready, thank you both so much for this, for everything."

They both smiled. "Of course Pam, what are best friends for. Anyway, let's get you to that registry office."

The three of us piled into the car and drove over to the registry office. We arrived there a few minutes later, walking to the front doors Bri turned and stopped me as I was getting ready to walk in.

"Wait! We'll go in first, make sure everyone's here, then you can make your big entrance."

I sighed, "Bri, do I really have to? Can't I just go in?"

She shook her head, "No. Now wait here then one of us will come get you soon."

With that they went inside, leaving me alone outside. Gladly it was early in the morning so there weren't many people out and about yet. A few minutes later Grace came to the door.