°Hansha Tatakai°

-•Fighting a Reflection•-

Your face fell. You had only returned to the base a couple of weeks ago, but here you were. You were so happy at that time too, you had just clipped all ties to your past life. Your skin was pale as you looked at the figure in front you.

"Honestly, Lena, you can't expect me to wear that," you croaked, looking at the dress before you. It was a Cobalt Blue, skin tight dress that went no further than ¾ down your left thigh and dangerously high up your right. It was strapless and relied on your figure to hold it up, specially made just for you apparently.

The Brit stared you down, the most intimidating you've ever seen her. She had a malicious grin as she pulled out from behind her a matching pair of stilettos.

You swallowed the knot in your throat and tried not to back into a corner.

The entire base heard your squeal of protest and Tracer's cackle.

~=~

You sulked at the edge of the room, sipping on a golden, fizzy liquid Amélie informed you was champagne. You were attending the gala thrown for Overwatch's anniversary. Currently, you watched Amélie as her and her lover talked among the strangers after abandoning you. You tried not to scowl and smiled at the people who passed by. It wasn't her fault you weren't exactly the most social of people.

Giving a sigh you set your glass on the table behind you and tried to weave through the crowd in search of someone familiar. Jesse wouldn't do, he was always being fawned over by women, that or fawning over them. Winston was just about as awkward as you, but you didn't really feel like talking with him. Lena was no where to be found. Ana and her daughter Fareeha were talking with the mayor. Jack was drinking champagne and taking with fellow soldiers. Reinhardt was surrounded by plenty of belated-birthday wishers, his birthday having been about two weeks ago. Torbjorn was talking with his wife while trying to keep control of many little Torbs. Angela was being swarmed by men and shamelessly rejecting quite a few.

Ah, there he was. He was dressed in quite a handsome tux and, surprisingly, Gabriel was just as swarmed by women as Jesse. The only difference between them was that Gabriel seemed almost annoyed. You slid up to him and wrapped your arm around his bicep, clinging to his side.

"Excuse me, girls, but you wouldn't mind if I stole him for a bit, would you?" You didn't wait for a reply before smiling and saying 'thanks'. You pulled him away from the crowd
With a smirk and unwound your arms from his.

He tussled your hair with a laugh, to which you hastily repaired while looking around to see if Lena had caught you. Breathing a sigh of relief at her absence you turned your attention back to Gabe.

"So," you teased, hand on your hip while the other plucked another glass of champagne off of a passing waiter's tray, "Looks like you're lucky with the ladies." Again, he chuckled.

"Generally I enjoy the company, but those girls were all makeup and no brains." You smirked and looked back at the group you had stolen your mentor from. They had resorted to mobbing Jack. You blinked as you watched Angela slip away from her own mob and move towards the two of you. She was dressed in a beautiful red dress, synching just below her hips to explode out in a mass of frills. She looked like a candle flame, with her blond hair pulled into an intricately woven masterpiece atop her head.

"Anyone know a good place for a girl to sit down," she asked, nearly breathless, "It's quite hot in here." She grabbed herself and you sighed as Gabriel left you to lead her outside for some air.

Trying to find another familiar partner to converse with, you grimaced as Tracer tapped you on the shoulder.

"How's it holding up, love?"

Before you knew it you were being pulled into the center of the crowd to be introduced to a couple men and women in expensive dresses, suits, and shoes. This is where you spent your time not really participating in the conversation, but listening and replying to appease the British devil beside you.

When the night was over, you couldn't have been more pleased. Social gatherings were more daunting than the training yard. Angela and Gabriel had left, you found out, shortly after going to get some air. You envied their freedom and reprieve from Tracer.

Entering the base, you immediately discarded the dangerous stilettos and walked bare foot across the cold floors. You were going to go find Angela, ask her if she was alright. She did seem quite faint at the party afterall.

Knocking at the door, you entered the medical ward, moving towards her office. Your eyes landed first on Gabriel, he had discarded his suit jacket and stood in front of the window to the operating room. Next, they noticed the many nurses and a couple doctors darting to and fro. Mercy was always in charge, but that didn't mean she could be everywhere at once. Finally your eyes drifted towards Angela, hovering over the surgical table and dressed in scrubs.

You moved to stand beside Gabe, inquiring as to what was going on.

"When we went out for air, Angela was paged. Apparently some of our agents had found some kid a few hours away from death. They sent him on one of the jets to be brought here, and we raced back to prepare. She's performing surgery on him now, trying to save him. I think it's a lost cause, but she performs miracles sometimes. I'm almost convinced she can raise the dead as ludicrous as that sounds."

You nodded in understanding and craned your neck to try and see the boy.

"You know," Gabe continued, "He's supposed to have come from the same place as you, Hanamura." You frowned in sympathy for the boy. He most likely got tangled up with the wrong clan and was 'dealt with' to prevent any information getting out.

It wasn't until Doctor Ziegler moved, however, that your veins filled with ice and all the air was stolen out of you. Despite missing some of his limbs and looking like he'd been thrown into a combine, there was no mistaking him.

"Kore ga okoru koto wa deki masen," you croaked, "Shimada Genji?"