°Neishin°

-•Renegade •-

You were laying down on a cot, recovering from your wounds and procedures used to treat them. You felt angry, like you did when you were killed by the Shimadas. Pushing yourself up, you swung your legs off the edge of the cot. A light beside your bedside was illuminating the space around you, enough for you to unhook the tubes and before meant to keep you alive. You knew you would recover without them.

A noise by the entryway made you look up. It was Jesse, hat in hand and a sombre expression on his face.

"I thought I heard you get up," he spoke, his voice softer than normal, probably to avoid waking the others, "What do you plan to do now?"

You resumed your task and stood up.

"I'm leaving," your voice was distant, like you didn't know what to do anymore. "Perhaps it's best I avoid family."

"You know that explosion wasn't your fault and there was nothing you could do to save them." That's right, they thought you had tried to save Jack too, as they couldn't find his body.

"Doesn't matter, Jesse, death seems to follow me like a cloud. I'm an omen, McCree, it's best I leave."

He was silent for a while, and you nearly walked right past him before he took hold of your arm.

"At least tell me you'll try to stay safe?"

"Of course, big brother," you smiled, "Take care of Genji for me."

~=~

You sheathed your dagger and holstered your pistol, leaving the assassin dead in the alley.

This was the 78th attempt on your life since you had escaped to America. It took them a year to initially find you, but now they made an attempt at least every month or so. It's been nine years since you left.

You pulled on a hoodie and zipped it up before making your way to the train. Without looking twice, anyone would have simply thought you were on your way home from college. They wouldn't see the gun or dagger equipped to your sides underneath the sweater, nor the earpiece hidden beneath your hair.

But through the live footage that a certain individual had procured of you, these agents were examining you thoroughly.

"Sombra, what have you found?"

"I think I found the girl we're looking for."

The black cladded figure moved to see the footage himself. "That's her." The voice that came from the hooded figure was dark and menacing. "Keep an eye on her, she could be an asset."

"Is that right," the recon agent teased, dressed in a bright purple, "It has nothing to do with the fact that she was the only one who tried to save Gabriel Reyes?"

"Watch it, Sombra," he growled.

With a smirk, Sombra proceeded to pull up more and more information about you. Everything that could possibly be found: birth certificates, sightings, articles, transcripts. They had everything, and you know nothing about it.

Sombra slipped you into a file, both for accessibility and for her own future interests. "Alright, Gabe, everything's ready, you just need to figure out the right time."

"We'll deal with her later, right now, we're going to pay a visit to Gibraltar."

////////////////////////////////////
I promise romance is coming soon.

SECOND ARC COMPLETE!