1

"Get your ass moving Halcon," the coach yells at his star player. 

Trinity waves to acknowledge the coach's words. The rest of the practice goes smoothly. Trinity lets out a deep sigh of relief as they are finally able to leave the practice field. Summer practices are brutal.

"Hey, Trinity," the head cheerleader, Lisa, says coming up to him. Trinity has to hold in his groan. He's told her before he's not interested in her. Somehow she just doesn't get it, just because they had sex after drinking too heavily at a party doesn't mean he's interested in anything more. He hasn't had a drink since.

"Lisa, what do you want?" Trinity says with a great deal of impatience.

"I thought we could go to the party tomorrow night together." Lisa says unconcerned about the lack of welcome in his voice.

"I can't go to the party tomorrow and even if I could I wouldn't be going with you. I'm not interested, Lisa. Just because I fucked you when we were both too drunk to know better doesn't mean I want a encore sober." He's too tired to be tactful at this time. But even his harsh words don't seem to make it through Lisa's brain. Heaven save him from foolish bitches.

"Aww, why aren't you coming?" Lisa asks getting all up in his personal space and ignoring his lack of response.

Trinity gently takes her hands off of him and steps back. "I have to work tomorrow. Father's orders and there's no getting out of it. He said that we'll likely be working late too. Now I have to go. Enjoy the party." Trinity all but runs away from the girl hiding his shudder of dislike. He had to have been really hammered to have had sex with Lisa. That's why he hasn't drank since. He never wants a repeat of that again.

"A simple raid boys, we go in and find the little bitch and bring her with us. Phoenix won't be home and he'll be taking several of his men with him. Shouldn't be too hard."

Trinity thinks his father is asking to be killed. Everyone knows that you don't mess with Phoenix. After he took over he became worse than he had been before his father died. Word is Phoenix killed his own father.

Word also is that he did so to save the girl's life. The very girl they are trying to kidnap. Trinity thinks any girl Damon risked his life for is one that should be so far off limits that you couldn't even see her with a telescope. He's sure that they are all going to die tonight.

Things go smoothly at first, his father's men are able to take out the guards at the gates, but they aren't expecting just how vicious the dogs are. They lose two men to the dogs before they can kill them. Trinity hates that. The dogs are only doing their jobs.

They break in the front door and are met with gunfire. He's hit in the shoulder. The pain doesn't hit for a bit and the adrenaline makes the pain bearable. He follows Jonah as they continue forward. The second bullet clips him and he's down. His last thoughts are that he was right, he won't live and Phoenix won't go easy on his family.

He wakes up and sees Calum, Phoenix's second watching him. He tries moving and finds his hands are cuffed to the bed and fierce pain shoots through him. He can't hold in the groan of pain. "If I'm cuffed and you're free that means we lost last night."

He keeps his eyes closed as Calum responds, "Yes, you're lucky it wasn't Damon that ended the fighting though. You wouldn't be alive if it had been."

This gets Trinity to open his eyes and look at Calum, "Then who?"

"The new Hawk is Ana, Damon's ward." Calum watches Trinity's reaction.

"The girl my father wanted?" Trinity asks in disbelief, "She's what nine years old?"