“We must do your make up” Paul said . He brought out a flurry of brushes and pads , liquids and dusts , all with exotic sounding names that I didn't know the meaning of .

He knew exactly what he was doing , I'll give him that much . His hand flew around my face , barely looking at what he was doing . He spread moisturiser and foundation across my cheeks , then a face powder . He began to apply eye make up , then moved down to my lips . He gave my cheeks a slight rogue , then stood back to admire his work .

Then he face palmed . “Forgot the shoes” He hissed , and ran to his portable closet . Trust me , I know . Portable closet ?

Paul rumpled around , until he brought out a pair of strappy gladiator sandals . They were brown and had a heel that was so close to being to high for me to walk in .

I put on the shoes , and Paul led me out to the corridor , where I caught sight of Sam , Charles and Pommie . I gaped at all of them .

Sam's hair had been died a dark purple colour , and her style had been refreshed . The end bits were curled slightly , and her side fringe was thick and soft across her face . Her hair colour matched her dress perfectly , which was a deep purple . It looked like a piece of cloth wrapped around her body because of all the deep folds in it . It was strapless and came up to her mid-thigh .

Charles was wearing the necklace Zack had given her . Actually , I can't remember the last time I've seen her without it . Her dress was a blue which brought out the necklace and her eyes beautifully . It was made of light fabric which danced around her knees . Her neckline was covered in gorgeous black lace .

Pommie looked the most different out of all of us . Her blonde hair had been straightened and parts of it had been dyed red and black . She wore black ballet pumps and red lace tights . Her dress was a ballerina's as well , but it was black and gothic looking . Around her shoulders was a shawl made of red lace . She looked stunning .

“You guys look amazing” I gasped .

“I know , right ?” Sam shrugged , and we all laughed .

“Have you seen yourself in a mirror yet ?” Charles asked me . I shook my head .

“Come on , then !” Said Sam . My three sisters pulled me down the hall to where a body-sized mirror that was leaned up against a wall . Remembering what the dress I was wearing looked like , I was nervous about seeing it on for the first time .

I didn't need to be . The dress looked amazing . It was loose , but still hugged my body in the right places . True , the neckline did dip , but it somehow still looked respectable . It was no longer an ugly brown , now more of a gorgeous bronze , even a dark gold . I loved it .

“You're beautiful” Pommie told me gently . And then I saw it , the full picture . Not just the dress , but me too .

My make up was done perfectly to make my chocolatey brown eyes stand out . My hair was fluffy but straight too , and looked amazing . Well done Paul , you've done what I never could !

“Wow” I breathed . I stared at the mirror , not quite believing what I was seeing .

“Gorgeous” Sam teased , throwing an arm around my shoulder . She winked . “I'd tap that .”

We laughed . I shrugged her off me .

“Go downstairs ?” Charles asked , the party has just started .

The lobby of the hotel was filled with people arriving and going into the dance hall . I could hear loud music pumping out of it . I inwardly groaned , parties really weren't my style . I was glad I looked good , but right now I kinda wanted to go back to my hotel room and watch Home Alone , Jack had lent his box-set to me after he realised I'd never seen them .

Alex , Jack , Zack and Rian sat in the lobby couches , looking uncomfortable in dress shirts . Fortunately for them , their stylist had decided that they would just look fine in a pair of clean jeans . They sat beside each other not talking or looking at one another , just staring at the ground .

“Hey !” Sam chirped , making them all look up .

They gaped at us all in turn .

“Ready to go inside ?” Charles asked , holding her hand out for Zack .

We each stood up in pairs , ready to go into the ballroom .

“Oh great , your ready “ Matt said , coming out of nowhere . “Sorry for the interruption , but you're going to have to go out through the back door then come around and go in through the red carpet . The papers need some photos of you before they publish articles about Second Chance .”

“I thought that there would be an interview or something” Rian said , standing up and walking over to Pommie . It was cute how they'd bonded , he was like her big brother now .

“There is “ Matt said , as he began to lead us towards the back door , “Tomorrow , we're making a stop at Punk FM radio station . You'll be doing an interview there with Punk FM , and with several other magazines , so try to get some sleep tonight , alright ? And boys , lay off on the drinking , you don't want to have huge hangovers .”

“Ready to go ?” Alex asked me . He wore a purple silky short and dark jeans . I could see what Nikes peeking out from beneath his trouser leg . I rolled my eyes at him .

“You bet” I said , and took his hand . We braced the cameras together .

It felt weird to be on a red carpet , and not looking at one through a magazine . People thrusted cameras and microphones as close to us as they could get , asking us questions , not just about Second Chance , but anything and everything . Alex led me towards the entrance of the hotel , only stopping once or twice to smile for cameras .

When we got to the front entrance and made it into the lobby again , Matt was waiting for us .

“Alright” He said , as he ushered us towards the party , “Have fun , but remember what I said earlier . Not too much fun .”

“Aren't you coming ?” I asked him , but he shook his head .

“Unfortunately for you , I've got some tour things to sort out” He replied , “You guys enjoy yourselves , because I'll be waking you up early in the morning , to get to the bus .”

Sam made a face . “What time is early ?” She grumbled , making the rest of us laugh .

“About seven ?”

At this we all groaned , and left Matt with downcast faces .

My instinctive reaction to the party was to curl into Alex's chest . I did actually , but just a tiny bit . Alex sniggered at me , and I hit him in the arm .

Lights blinded me , of all different colours . They flashed in my face making everything seem weird and disproportioned . The music was deafening , coming from every direction . It sounded like troups of soldiers coming to destroy all of us . We stood no chance of coming out undefeated .

Well , you know what they say . If you can't beat them , join them .

A/N - Sorry it's short , but I promise I'll be updating again soon enough ! It's just getting to the good bit !