Chapter Seven

Thank you for the comments from the last chapter. I'm so happy that you liked it while I had some pretty hard time with it. Still have...kind of. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. Happy reading! :)

Antonio

I shut Liam office door behind me as I stretched my neck, my body being exhausted from sleepless nights. Business mixed with fucked up Mafia issues drained me. It has been going on for days now, especially after my visit in Greece where I had a talk with a certain someone. Nevertheless, the important documents that been stolen was still unseen. Yet, I returned back to America with somehow good news. 

The documents will be found. Sooner or later. Along with the woman who was behind the robbery. 

As I began walking I suddenly heard the front door closing rather harshly. Being close enough to the staircase, my view downstairs was clear. I saw a feminine figure rushing inside. Her head was bent low making her long hair shield her face. A face I am well familiar with. A face I have seen in my head for the past two weeks.  

My steps halted as I watched her as she hurried upstairs like she was being chased by the devil himself. Not until she was closer did I notice something different. I didn't see her usual playful and devilish aura enveloping her. Instead I saw vulnerability. Layla was trying to hide her tears that glistered like the bright starts at night on her green eyes. One droplet managed to wet her shirt. 

She was crying. 

And my heart nor my beast reacted sane. 

I clenched my knuckles as she hurried passed me. She captivated me, making me follow her with my eyes as she disappeared down the hallway turning to left where I knew her room was. Without control of my legs, I began moving after her. My blood pumped with anger. My hands were tempted to end someone's life. Whoever had hurt her. 

As I neared her bedroom door I made sure to look both ways before inviting myself in. The room was dark, the only light that was lit was the lamp by her bedside table. I locked the door behind me, slowly creeping further into her room. I heard the shower running letting me know where she had disappeared. On her bed laid her usual black backpack. Beside it, I saw an old camera. I didn't dwell on it as I neared her bathroom door. 

My fingers rounded the silver handle ready to open when my body suddenly froze. Even thought the water running like thunders waterfall I could still hear the small, soft and heartbreaking sobs coming from Layla. Each sob was like a dagger being stabbed on my heart. 

These feelings......these feelings is getting out of hand. 

Yet, I opened the bathroom door and stepped inside. Fuck the consequences. 

She didn't hear me as I stepped inside, the warm and heated fog wafted through the air. I was sure the water was warm. Too hot. Her skin was starting to turn pink if not red from the burn yet she didn't even flinch. Her jaw was tilted up, the water droplets touched her eyes and face simultaneously. The stream on the glass door hid her nakedness. 

Locking the bathroom door for safety reason, I began undressing myself. Throughout the process, I never took my eyes off of her. Nor did I think. I only took action. Naked, I opened the glass door shutting it behind me. Like a moth to a flame, I was drawn to her. Making sure to turn the water in the right temperature, I then laced my arms around her small figure bringing her warm back against my chest. 

Our bodies were glued together, matching like two lost incomplete pieces that found each other. Just by a single touch, I felt how Layla stirred but she didn't pull away. Having my arms protectively around her.....it was the most natural thing. Like I was meant to do it. Like I was made to comfort this Dark Beauty in my arms.