Chapter 10

Julia's POV:

I can't believe the words just slipped out of my mouth.

I just admitted to caring differently for Harry. I put words to my feelings and I am currently dying inside.

For a second after my honest confession I hold Harry's intense gaze, but when he doesn't say anything in return I quickly duck my head and look at the tiled floor. I obsessively twist my fingers in a rather painful matter, but at least the physical pain keeps my mind off of the mental pain.

I take Harry's lack of response as a rejection and I feel like I just committed social suicide. He is one of eleven companions in an apocalyptic world and I am pretty much forced to spend time with him whether I want to or not.

"How do you care about me differently?" Harry murmurs and I feel my cheeks heat with a deep blush. I still don't raise my head to look at him.

I decide that I better save myself and dodge the topic completely. "Never mind."

"I can't never mind," Harry admits in his husky voice and shivers runs up and down my spine. He steps closer to me and puts a gentle index finger under my chin to tilt my head up. I hesitantly meet his emerald eyes and feel my knees buckle at his beauty once I finally look at him. "Because I care about you differently too."

"How do you care about me differently?" I quip and Harry chuckles when I use his own words against him. The sound of his laughter is like music to my ears and I blush again.

"Like this," Harry whispers, leaning closer and allowing his hot breath to fan across my face. 

My heart rate increases to the point where it almost bursts out of my ribcage. I can barely breathe as Harry completely closes the distance between us and brush his soft lips against mine. I close my eyes and slightly part my lips to allow him free entrance. Harry takes the invitation at once and deepens the kiss.

Oh, my God. I'm kissing Harry. Harry is kissing me. What the hell is going on? Oh, man, he's a great kisser. 

Harry pulls back after a short minute in heaven and I let go of a heavy sigh before I open my eyes again. We look at each other for a few seconds before we simultaneously close the distance between our lips again. Our kiss is more hungry and desperate this time, and I stand on my tiptoes to compensate for the height difference as I wrap my arms tightly around his neck. 

As our bodies are pressed together, I become very aware of the fact that he's only clad in a damp towel. I allow my hands to trace down his toned chest and savor the feeling of his hot skin against my fingertips.

"You should take a shower," Harry mumbles against my lips and I giggle. "You stink."

I pull away and fold my arms over my chest. I scold him for being mean, but neither of us manages to keep a straight face for more than a few seconds.

I decide that Harry's right, and in a teasing matter I slowly unbutton my shirt. Harry's green eyes instantly drop to my steady fingers and shortly exposed cleavage. He looks at me like a hungry animal, but I can't say that I blame him. None of us have had sex for months, so I completely understand where his intense lust is coming from.

"You know, I think you should take another shower," I announce and Harry's eyes dart up to meet mine. He's probably checking to see if I'm being serious. "I interrupted you earlier so you weren't quite finished when I barged in here, were you?"

"No," Harry says quickly and I chuckle. "No, I wasn't."

"Okay then," I say and open my bra in a swift movement.