Chapter 56 - Ambush on Ten Sides

Start from the beginning

The room went silent as the two became lost in their own thoughts.

Zhuo Hao rescued me...So he was the one I kissed.....Lin Yu suddenly turned red and pulled the cover over her head. He turned around as he saw the strange movement from the corner of his eye. Dropping the spoon in a hurry, he rushed to the bed, the worry in his eyes clear as day.

"What's wrong? Should I get the doctor again?" He asked hurriedly as he tried to pull the quilt off her face, "If something hurts don't hold it in."

Lin Yu's voice was muffled, a little ashamed, "I'm fine. This is the only option I have right now" She tugged the quilt over her head even higher.

Zhuo Hao felt even more confused, and even more worried, "only option? what do you mean? What are you saying? Lin Yu, I'll call for the doctor right now." He didn't mention that he had dragged three doctors up the mountain already and built them huts a little ways a way, just so that he can grab one if she showed even a hint of pain.

Lin Yu shook her head from underneath the covers quickly, "Don't! Don't! It's just..." Her large eyes peeked out from underneath the covers as she looked at him, "It's just that I don't have the strength to dig a hole and bury myself right now. So I'm hiding underneath the covers." I'm so sorry I attacked you with my mouth, she said to her self silently, as she looked at him. She felt so ashamed, she wasn't fully able to look at him in the face. Her face was now the true color of a bright red apple.

Zhuo Hao didn't understand, thinking that she was talking about her failed attack on the magistrate and tried to comfort her, "It's alright, as long as you're fine, that is all I care about."

Lin Yu turned even redder, suddenly she wailed, "But I stole a kiss. I attacked you."

Zhuo Hao felt as if someone punched him in the gut. He went pale. He didn't know what she was talking about.

Lin Yu mistook his expression as confirmation for what she had done to him and she hurriedly spoke, "I must have been poisoned and delirious. I'm so sorry I jumped you like that." She paused for a moment and thought of how people, normal humans she saw in the plays and performances handled these situation." She looked at him seriously, "I'll take responsibility for it. I'll take any punishment you hand me. I'll pay reparations."

Zhuo Hao didn't know whether to laugh or cry. She had kissed someone. Someone that wasn't him. It felt as if someone had taken his heart and squeezed it until there wasn't a single drop of blood left.

But at the same time, he wanted to laugh at her words. He had only heard those words in plays. He looked at her again, the conflict in his eyes. Should he tell her that he wasn't the one she kissed?

He looked at her expression, she looked like a child who had done something wrong and was awaiting punishment.

"Your punishment." He said softly, his heart thumping. She looked at him seriously and nodded.

What did it matter that she kissed someone else? He asked himself. She was the one he wanted. She was all that mattered. Let this misunderstanding start them on a new path.

He took a breath and continued, "Your punishment is that you'll have to take responsibility for me."

Zhuo Hao's guards who were hidden in the trees, nearly feel out in shock. They had never heard their serious master say such romantic, silly words. They shook their heads and looked at the sky to see if it was falling down.

Lin Yu frowned a little, confused, "What do you mean, take responsibility for you?"

Zhuo Hao just smiled, he reached out a hand and patted her hair, " You kissed me, now you have to take care of me for the rest of your life."