Chapter 20~ Awake (Saeran)

Comenzar desde el principio

"I regret it, I should have left you there."

"Ya, you probably should have. Would be less of a bother." I sighed, "But you'll have to deal with me for a while more."

"I don't have to deal with you at all. I could kill you right here right now!" Saeran snapped.

"So why don't you?" I asked, "I'm an easy target. It's not like I can run away, I can barely walk as it is." I admitted, "So why don't you just kill me?" He didn't respond. "Well... I appreciate you deciding against killing me." I smirked. A cold breeze blew past sending chills down my spine.
"I'm sorry... By the way." I mumbled. "I know you don't want to hear it and I know you won't believe it but I really did try to visit you." I noticed Saeran's hands clenched into fists.
"I just wanted you to know that." He didn't say anything. I sighed in defeat, "wether you believe me or not just know that I tried." I said as I turned around and started to walk back.

"Than why didn't you?" I stopped in my tracks and turned around.

"It's a long story but to sum it up I was in a coma." 

"HA! Right! Tell me another one!"

"You remember the last time I visited you, right?" he didn't say anything, so I continued. "When I was on my way home I wasn't paying attention and walked through the front door..."

"What? Did you fall down the stairs or something?" he mocked.

"That's what I was lead to believe." I sighed. "It would make more scene if I told you the full story." I said as I walked back over to him.
"Would you mind listening for a few minutes?" He didn't say anything. "I'm going to take that as a yes." I said as I started to reminisce.

"When I was younger I grew up with my mom and my dad, I didn't have siblings and thank god for that. We were the perfect family, that is until night fell. My dad was an alcoholic. He drank all his problems away then took his rage out on my mother. That was my life till I was nine. On my ninth birthday she just left. Because she wasn't there he started to drink more... And more and take it all out on me." I sighed and looked up at the stars.
"Most of my childhood is a blur but I can still remember the day we met. I hadn't made my father's food correctly so I was forced to go out and get more. I did but on my way back I heard that horrible commotion.... Sounds that were all too familiar. When I went over there and saw you I felt obligated to help.
I thought, 'I would do anything... give anything just to make sure no one had to deal with the pain I went through' So I went over there, gave you food, water, than promised to return the next day.
When I went back home I had taken too long. My father would punish me by locking me in a cramped closet. I stayed there for a full day, but once morning struck I remembered the promise I had made. It turns out there was a window in the closet that I had never noticed. I used this exact tool to escape." I said as I reached into my pocket.
"I got out and went to visit you."

"What's your point?" Saeran asked.

"I'm getting there." I sighed. "I continued to visit you, but in order to do that I needed to get put into the closet, the only times I was allowed to go out was when I was sent to go get food.
Anyway, when I visited you the last time I was distracted, my brain was filled with happy memories so without thinking, I walked through the front door. Because I was supposed to be in the closet he struck me over the head with an object. I was put into a coma. When I woke up I found out it had been almost a month. I felt terrible and hoped and prayed that you weren't angry with me."