Chapter 6: "Getting Married am I Ready?"

I came into a Kay Jewelry store looking for Tessa a engagement ring; when Peter and I was talking it really did make me think. 'Do I want to spend the rest of my life with her?' I thought. Yeah I do actually I wanted to start a family with my mate my one true love.

Tessa's P.O.V

Mom told me that Derek was taking me out on a date tonight our third one; it's been a year since we found each other I remember the first day Derek and I met. Believe it or not Lydia was helping me do my makeup and stuff. I wondered if they were hiding something from me. "Sweetheart, not that one... or that one... or that one... let me try." Lydia said. "Okay." I huffed. She pulled out a blue dress "That one looks good." Lydia said. "Go change." She said. "Why does it feel like you guys are hiding something from me?" I asked. "Just go change quickly." She said. I changed of course Lydia with her makeup.

I heard Derek's car pull up I get my purse ready and I come down the stairs. I see Derek in a button up shirt for the first time he usually wears v-neck shirts when it comes to dressing up. "Derek, you look handsome." I said. "You look incredibly beautiful, Tess." He said and smiled. "See I told you he would like the blue." Lydia adds.

We got in the car it was a quiet car ride when the car finally stopped Derek came over and had blindfolded me. "Why are you blindfolding me?" I questioned. "Because this is when it gets interesting." Derek said and took the blindfold off. Before I could open my eyes I see Derek down on one knee I of course started to cry. "Tessa, you are my anchor and above all you are the one I was meant to be with... Will you Marry me?" Derek asked. "Yes! Yes! I will marry you." I said.