Prolouge

Neo Domino City

Eto Saruaru is a eighteen year old duelist in the newer era of dueling in Neo Domino, the city known for their Turbo Duels! Eto is approximately five foot, six inches tall with short brown hair and green eyes.

As a child, Eto was abandoned by his father and was raised till the age of 10 by his mother Rosaline, until she died before his eleventh birthday. Eto's family wasn't rich, if anything they were some of the poorest people in the city. Eto had very few friends growing up in the slums of the town. His two friends Kyle and Rachel tought him the basics of dueling, the functions of monsters, spell, traps and even how to Synchro summon.

Eto played very close attention to the Dueling Station on the TV at home ,that worked only half the time, and watched famous duelists in tournament matches and he observed their unique dueling style.

After the death of his mother Eto took some of the money Rosaline left him and bought cards from the card shop that's located in the popular Downtown area if Neo Domino. Eto put together his own deck of his choice and with that he began entering tournaments to become a champion and earn money, his drive was to become better then his mom and dad for his future children, if he has them.

Eto's first significant victory was the Semi Final duel he partook of in the first tournament he played in at age fourteen. The tournament was called "The Friendship Cup" where it was where the citizens could escape to enjoy something together as a city. All participants of the Semi Finals and Finals would be able to Turbo Duel instead of just regular dueling.

4 Years Ago

"Welcome all to today's main event of the four day tournament, today is the Semi-Finals!" The announcer roared into the crowd. "Today we have two Turbo Duels! To kick off the Semi-Finals, we will be having Eto VS the man with power, give it up to Ricky Jackson!" 

DUEL POV

Announcer: Will both duelists please enter the track?!

(A white duel runner jumps out of the entry hole and lands on the track, doing about 67 MPH)

Announcer: Here he is, our youngest competitor in the history of the Friendship Cup, give it up to Eto!

Eto: Lets do this!

Announcer: Now entering, Ricky Jaaaaaackson!

(A purple duel runner lands onto the duel track at approximate 85 MPH)

Ricky: Time to mop the floor with this baby face!

Announcer: Now our two duelists are lining up on the beginning track line, to determine whom will go first in our duel it will go to whoever goes around the first turn first!

Ricky: You're going down kid!

Eto: Unlikely. (He smiles)

Announcer: Ready, Set...

Eto and Ricky: DUEL!!

(Both D-Wheels spark at the ignition and both blast down the track, enabling auto pilot)

Eto: Im not going to make the first turn. (4000 LP)

Ricky: Ill just start this duel slow poke! (4000 LP)

Announcer: It looks like Ricky will begin this duel!

Ricky: (Draw) Im going to summon the Mega Champion Chariot! (Lv.5) (Atk: 2100)

Eto: That monster is level five! How can you summon it?

Ricky: When my field is empty I can special summon this monster from the hand or graveyard at any time. Ill end my turn with a facedown. Let's see what you got kid.

Eto: You're asking for it! I draw! (Draw) I special summon the monster Starlight Magician! (Atk: 2500) (Lv.8)

Ricky: Alright Ill bite, how come you can summon that high level monster?

Eto: Because when I have Starlight Magician in my hand, and have no monsters on my field and you have a monster I can special summon him by giving up 500 LP. (3500 LP)

Ricky: You gave up LP just to summon a monster.

Eto: You're right and Ill do it again my special summoning Starlight Falcon! (Def: 900) And all I have to do is give up 300 LP to special summon him! (3200 LP) I now activate Falcon's special ability. I can now summon and 'Starlight Tuner' monster from my deck. I now summon the tuner monster Starlight Rubix! (Lv.1) I now tune my level four Starlight Falcon and my Rubix to synchro summon, Starlight Technician!! (Atk: 2400) 

Ricky: A synchro monster already?!

Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, right here is why Eto has climbed to the top. Being able to synchro summon on your very first turn is very impressive. What else can he accomplish?

Eto: What I'm going to achieve is victory! I active the effect of Starlight Brawl in my hand!

Ricky: Thats a spell card!

Eto: It sure is, Starlight Brawl allows me to destroy one monster on your field for every Starlight monster I control. Say goodbye to your Mega Chariot! 

Ricky: Agh! I activate the trap Mega Steam Canon! Every time a Mega monster leaves the field you take 1000 points of damage!

Eto: (2100 LP) I now activate Technician's special ability!

Ricky: You're kidding!

Eto: Whenever Im delt damage either by battle or card effect I can special summon one Starlight from the graveyard. I special summon Starlight Rubix from the graveyard! Now Ill tune my Starlight Magician and my Rubix! I synchro summon Starlight Extreme Magician! (Lv.9) (Atk: 3000)

Ricky: Another synchro!

Eto: Technician and Extreme Magician will now attack you directy!

Ricky: (0 LP)

Announcer: And its over! Just like that Eto just swept his opponent in one turn! How does he do it folks?! 

Now

With Eto's significant victory he carried himself high, feeling he was invincible. When It came to the Finals, Eto was defeated in a tense head to head battle with the champion of Neo Domino and then after his critical defeat he thought he would be back to being a slum in the streets.

One day, a professor found Eto in the slums of the city and gave him a proposition,
"Eto, we saw you duel in The Friendship Cup, and we would like you to come work at this lab with my other workers."

"What would I have to study with you Doc?" Eto said.

"We study not only the economics and technology of the city but we also try and farther our studies to become more advanced, maybe in the future make a time portal of sorts. I would love if you took my offer, you wouldn't have to live down here and you could eat, and shower. And, the name is Dan."

Eto listened well and he did accept the job as Professor Dan's assistant.

Eto spent the next three years as a minor employee technician for Dan and his team. Eto had his own living space inside the lab complex they had. It was a giant three story building with a basement, which was where Etos living quarters were.

On his eighteenth birthday Eto was promoted by Professor Dan and was on the personal team of his for Dan's 'special' projects.

This now leads us to our main story, be ready to be blown away.