Long Distant Rings ~Request~

Thanks for the prompt @butch111 :)

3rd Person POV

"Hey Craig?"

"Yes Tyler?"

"Do you believe in long distance relationships?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Good."

It was the last day of highschool for the young couple. Tyler Wilde was headed off to Harvard while his boyfriend Craig Thompson was going to Yale. The two dearly loved each other, heck, they were even voted as the cutest couple out of the entire school! They were currently hanging out with their group of friends at the nearby burger joint, celebrating their freedom and good luck to those heading away. The couple each had a ring on their pointer finger, decorated with a pulsing red gem. Tyler had gotten the pair of rings for Craig earlier that year, claiming that they were special rings that could detect the pulse of the other bearer. At first, Craig was a little skeptical but when Tyler told him that his finals were that day, Craig could feel a strong pulse go through his finger and right to his heart. Since that day, he believed in the ring and grew concerned when his own heart would suddenly increase in rate.

After the group had disbanded for the day, Tyler drove Craig home. The two sat on the porch swing, enjoying each other's presence and the silence around. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, it was more like a "cuddle me and I love you" silence. Crickets chirped in the slightly-over grown grass, fireflies glowed like the stars up high. They knew that they had to depart soon, but for now the two didn't give two shits.

~the next day~

Craig pulled his two large suitcases through his doorway and to his car. Tyler had left a week earlier, but not without a kiss and a very long hug. The ring was secured on his right ring finger, the pulse emitted a steady beat that ran through his arm. I hope he's okay.

Craig pulls out of the driveway and onto the road. The radio turned on and the current song flowed softly throughout the vehicle. Craig held onto the wheel with one hand, the other resting on the now down window. When he reached a stop light, the pulse from the ring suddenly slowed down. The radio station played the news opening song and a reporter spoke through the mic.

"Urgent news. A car accident has taken place roughly 30 minutes away from the high class school Harvard in Massachusetts. Word received is that a drunk driver had hit a van, causing it to spin out into the intersection and hit a truck and another van. No deaths have been reported, but all involved are severely injured. Stay tuned for more details soon to come."

Oh god oh god oh god.
Please, Tyler, be okay.

Craig took the nearest u-turn and booked it to Harvard. It was a long drive, but the slow and steady beat from the ring kept him sane. He was so scared for his boyfriend. What if he doesn't make it? What if he has amnesia and doesn't remember me?

Craig's mind was jumping all over the place.

~at the hospital~

"IS THERE A TYLER WILDE HERE??"

Craig burst through the door and immediately was helped by a nearby nurse. While the nurse quickly got Tyler's room information, Craig was a nervous mess. As soon as the nurse opened Tyler's door, he rushed inside and was instantly by Tyler's side. Tears were threatening to pour out but only a few managed to slip out. Craig pulled out his phone and texted the crew once.

Tyler's been in a car accident. Much appreciated if you could come by and hang out until he wakes up.

Unannounced to Craig, Tyler was awake the whole time, watching his boyfriend's humorous reaction. No, the accident wasn't planned, but to see Craig all worried was like trying to find a diamond in the ocean; rare. If he could record Craig right now, he would and post it to every social media he has just to show off how cute he can be.

Thinking he had enough, Tyler groaned and tried to lift himself up off of the bed. Craig instantly noticed and kneeled down beside the bed, holing his hand while looking at him lovingly. Tyler locked eye contact with Craig and smiled.

"I"m alright, no need to be worried."

Craig chuckled and hugged his boyfriend. "What were you even doing in your car? You bought groceries a few days ago and you live in an apartment across the street from the school." "I was coming to visit you because I missed you so god damn much." Craig could only laugh and kiss Tyler on the cheek, careful of all the cuts and bruises.

When Craig returned to his seat by Tyler, the same nurse that helped him earlier walked into the room with a clipboard in hand. The nurse seemed to go over some details before speaking, "Well Mr. Wilde, it looks like you got it the easiest out of the people in the crash. Few cuts and bruises to the face and upper torso from the glass shattering, along with a fracture in your foot from where the van hit your truck. After we put a cast on your foot, you and your boyfriend can leave."

The nurse winks at the couple before leaving, making Craig go beet red and Tyler half laughing his ass of half gushing at his boyfriend. Craig grumbled, "You ready to get out of here?"

"Hell yeah."

1 MORE CHARTER LEFT IN THIS BOOK

AT LEAST THATS WHAT I PLAN BC IM NOW JUST GETTING OVER AN ILLNESS AND IM STARTING TO LOOSE INSPIRATION BUT YEAH IM WORKING ON ANOTHER BOOK

If you like attack on titan then you should get excited. I've already stared my main draft but I haven't gotten to the actual writing so yeah, get hyped.

So, yeah that's why I haven't been posting as much as I'd like. Sorry to those who were wondering where the fuck I was but hey I'm back buds. Once I start posting my other book I'll be more active. (At least that's my prediction.)

ANYWAYS
I'LL SEE YOU BEAUTIFUL BUDS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER