Not Enough Time

*Another chapter for you*

Recp:

Of course I’m playing dumb I just need to see what they are talking about…. selling me?

“You my sweet are going for auction” the young one said before he hit me on the back of the neck and knocked me out.

___________________ _________________ ____________________ ____________________

When I woke up my body was stiff as I tried moving some of my limbs. I was face first lying on the cement and my body felt like little pins were prickling everywhere as my body was gaining back its circulation.

Once my circulation was back I took more notice to my surroundings. I was in a 6 feet by 8 feet cell that was deprived of everything and bars for walls. I heard some sniffles here and there but I couldn’t really tell if there were others in the room because there were no lights. I could only see what was in front of me.

I heard a door open and close then one by one the light bulbs turned on that where in a line going down the hall to light the many more cages.

I wondered how the hells all these people get captured. There were at least 100 or more people here. Most of them were human but there were the occasional vampires here and there but mostly all were human. I wondered if I was in the vampire territory. Most likely because we’re in a auction that sells human for either servants or blood bags and I can only imagine that the vampires would be servants or forced to be a guard for a family of vampires. Well I really have never heard of a Vampire Auction House I didn’t even know it existed until now. That’s probably the reason why some humans go missing. I had always thought the vampires had killed them but if the humans went missing from the human territory then that means they were trespassing in our territory in small numbers that we didn’t even notice. I wonder how long this has been going on because for sure that made, us slayers look stupid if vampires had been taking humans right from under our noses. This definitely means we are going to have to spread out and recruit more people to be slayers. Post them in at least every town and spread more across our border. I knew only having 60 people as slayer wasn’t enough. But then that means there must be multiple small groups of vampires along every town to collect so many humans without leading us on by taking a bunch of humans from one town no they took at least one or two people from a town. But then again my captors were human so that means we have some traitors within our territory.

I’m going to add that to my To Do List: Recruit more slayers

I snapped back as a clinging sound went through the room and I noticed that man that came in was dragging a metal pipe along the bars that was starting to my left. I barely just noticed I was the second to last cage on the role.

But I wasn’t really paying attention to the people around me probably thought I was shocked but in my mind I was figuring this entire thing out. I had decided I would go along with this. I would contact head master and explain that I had made this my secret mission. They are so stupid that they didn’t even search me not like I would let them. They won’t even get into my personal space because if they did it’s on but I would only allow them to drag me out of this cage.

I snapped out of my thinking and noticed the man had stopped in front of my cell and stood there staring at me. I guess he was wondering whether I was an empty shell or something. He just stood there staring for what seemed like minutes but really was seconds. I changed my posture into a slacking one saying I-don’t-give…- and tilted my head to the side not in a questioning look but in a do-you-mind look.

“What?” I asked

“Got some attitude in you I see”

“Well excuse me look who’s being the rude one didn’t your mother tell you it’s not polite to stare or do you just have staring problems?”

“What’s your name?” he clearly ignored what I said

“None of your business” I said and turned my back to him going to the wall of bars across from him and leaning on it. I really didn’t want to be close or for that matter I just wanted to ignore him.

He chuckled “apparently you do not know your place or who I am”

“oh I know my place but you apparently do not because you keep on bothering me and I don’t need to know who you are to know you are lower than me so take your place and leave” I said closing my eyes and putting my head down.

“Why you” he said angry and I smirked but he composed himself “you are lower than me so says your aurora”

I looked up and sighed pushing myself off the bars and moving closer to him. “My aurora is only giving off a smitch of my power as I command it to do so trust me I am way stronger and if you want I’ll prove it I’ll even give you a fair fight by keeping my hand cuffs on” I said…. cocky me is back

“Alright you’re on but without hand cuffs I’ll show you how strong I am”

“Alright then let me out” I stuck out my hands through the bars for he could unlock my cuffs. But he hesitated on allowing me out of the cell.

“Don’t worry I won’t run besides my main concern is kicking you to the curb you have my word and I always keep my word” I said

That was my reason I wanted to beat him so bad and it was true I wouldn’t run this is the place where I wanted to be.

He opened the cage and some people gasped. I totally forgot people where here. But they really started talking when I stepped out and stood there in the hall facing my opponent I guess they expected me to lam out of there.

But I stood there blank expression ready for whatever move he would dish out. He got in a crouching position and ran straight forward to me. I easily dodged and blurred right behind him.

“You’re too slow” I said and punched him in the back sending him flying to the wall across making him hit the wall and denting it in the process and he didn’t get up.

“haha one hit was all it took” I said out loud to myself

“Hey get us out of here” the people yelled all at once

“Sorry no can do guards are coming” I said pointing to the door

I counted down the seconds with my hands 5...4...3...2…1...and sure enough guards came in.