You Underestimate Me

I was still looking into the book and I said, “You know you really underestimate me” putting a finger in the book where I left off and moved my body to face the direction of the person with the knife still in my fingers.

It was a vampire. No surprise there I could tell by his eyes and his scent. A male vampire in fact who seemed slim but well built with long brown hair that was in his face, dark brown colored eyes, and his pale skin very tall too.

“Don’t get cocky” he said in a deep voice with a smirk on his face.

“It’s not cockiness and this is from a vampire who didn’t have the decency of attacking from the front?” I said as I tilted my head a bit and smiled.

He just stood quietly looking me over from the safe distance he was at.

“By the way do you have a death sentence or something? Because no vampire would dare attack me from behind and plus what are you doing here?” I said glaring at him

He started walking towards me

“No I don’t but you do. I was sent here to kill you”

“Hmm… an assassin this should be fun.” I said getting up and placing the knife on the table and walking forward to him.

He looked at me confused

“What.”

“You’re going to need that knife” he said motioning with his head

“Trust me. I won’t be needing it and you will be thankful for my decision in the end” I said and smirked at him. Plus he looks weak there will be no need for me to use a knife or my full power against him.

Meeting at the middle he wasted no time and lunged at me. A little to slow I would say as I took a step to the left and dodged. He and I were just a blur and he tried socking me left right back front every direction and me blocking every one and upper cutting him in the stomach then in the face. 

“Ha ha. You call yourself a assassin you’re too slow.” I said

That seemed to anger him as he lunged and bent down a little tackling my legs and I landed with an “oof” on the floor

Within a second he was on top of me and pined my hands down above my head and socked me in the face and put his knee on my ribs jabbing my ribs

I got my leg free and kneed him on the side as hard as I could probably braking something and then I was on top of him in the same position he had me and this time I wasted no time and socked him in the stomach leaving him breath less and I position myself on his legs with one knee in his ribs the other beside him and one of my hands around his throat and one holding his hands.

I let him regain himself before I asked “do you give up?”

“Never”

“Very well” I said squeezing his throat more. But just as I was going to break his neck I stopped

-I could have use of him. But this might bite me in the butt later. Oh well worth a try. - I thought

I let go of him and socked him so hard he passed out. That gave me some time. So I hurried and made my way inside.