The Jungle | Keith (1)

Start from the beginning

I chuckled. "You would know wouldn't you?"

She pushed me hard as hell making me fall back a little as I held my bag.

"Fuck you. Get out my fucking house and go to school! I swear to god you lucky I dont believe in kicking kids out. But it's cool cause i'ma show you."

I shook my head. "You ain't gone have to kick me out, cause Imma be gone before you know it."

She chuckled this time. "You gone be either dead or in jail before I know it sweetie. And it ain't gone be shit I can do, I told you to stop doing what you doin."

"Whatever, you'll be to busy snorting to give a fuck anyway." I mumbled throwing my bag over my shoulder walking out the house and slamming the door. I hopped down a couple stairs before beginning my walk to school.

Detroit was covered in snow from top to bottom and almost looked peaceful, but it was only a matter of time before somebody's blood would be painted on the snow.

Though If you were raised here you appreciated the mornings.You could almost close your eyes and imagine a better dream, until you heard the sirens reminding you of your nightmare reality.

I passed the usual 12th street sign blowing out some air as I eyed the area. The usual crack feins were on the corner talking and rambling on about last night's drama; of course while waiting on their plug.

I always hated hearing who got killed. It brought up painful memories of my brother Joshua, because it seemed like everybody knew he got killed but me.

"Good morning Cydni you on your way to school right?" Ms. Washington asked as I passed her little bakery. I shot her a smile nodding and she smiled back.

"Good," She replied pleased. "Here's your usual."

I grabbed the little brown bag with my chocolate covered donut with sprinkles. "Thank you I'll see you later."

She waved as I walked away and I crossed the street continuing my walk.

Wind came in from the south blowing in my face, causing me to shiver. I tried to fix my scarf sighing.

"Almost Cyd... almost." I whispered reminding myself of the cash I'm collecting to save up for my car.

The closer I got to the school the louder I heard the music blasting from speakers.

Meek Mill and Dej Loaf were huge favorites around these parts.

"Let a nigga try me, try me imma kill his whole muthafucking family." I rapped along to someone's music as I jogged up the stairs to Martin Luther King High School.

"Damn Cydni bring yo fine ass here." Kingston smirked grabbing my arm before I could go into the school.

"What King?" I hissed slapping his hand off me. He flashed me his grill as his friends laughed at him.

"Stop being like that.. when you gone let me take you out?" He asked licking his lips and I rolled my eyes.

"For the 100th time never baby boy," I chuckled shaking my head at him. "You ain't my type."