I hate you, I love you | Algee

Feeling used
But I'm
Still missing you
And I can't
See the end of this
Just wanna feel your kiss
Against my lips
And now all this time
Is passing by
But I still can't seem to tell you why
It hurts me every time I see you
Realize how much I need you

•••••

I sat across from them watching how they interacted with each other. My heart ached watching him smile and enjoy her company. I was still in love with him but he was happy. I could almost hate the person who told me that when you love someone you have to let them go. Worst decision I ever made.

I let out a shaky breath sitting back against the couch. I was regretting coming to this party. But we had mutual friends, and I will always show support to my friends.

"Keira baby are you okay?" Bryshere asked plopping next to me. I sent him a small smile as we hugged.

"I'm cool Bry. How have you been? Your Mr. Big time now I barely see you anymore. Imani misses you." I teased and he chuckled rubbing his chin.

"Ahh you know I'm just out here working. I miss baby girl too. But I'm still a home body, I missed all of you guys. When I got the invite from Keith I cleared my whole schedule." He smiled back and I giggled.

"Yeah I was bing watching your show the other week. I was crying like a baby when you got shot by that cop. Imani was looking at me like I was crazy."

He laughed. "It wasn't foreal ma. Don't be crying nah, they can't kill the main character."

I shook my head as my smile widened hugging him again. "Ah my boy growing up on me. I remember when we used to sit in chemistry clowning people and talking about our dreams. I'm proud of you."

"Yeah?" He asked biting his lip and I nodded.

"Yeah. You always got my support, I'ma always be here for us. You living your dream for the both of us."

He just stared at me before pulling me in his arms. He held me like he did before he moved and I closed my eyes feeling them tear up. He rubbed my back squeezing me.

"What happened between you and Algee sickens me everytime I think about it. You really deserve better Key. But I know your heart belongs to him. You may not see it but he's hurting too. He's just not handling it the right way. Don't give up on love, cause I'm looking towards you two for inspiration. It let's me know that love is real. Y'all got something not many people have, and that's real. Do it for little mama."

We pulled away and he wiped away a tear that fell from my left eye. I sent him a soft grin nodding.

"It is what it is. I'm strong enough to suffer alone. Let him be happy. Imani will still need him, I don't."

Bry frowned shaking his head. "What about your happiness?"

I didn't say anything I just shrugged. "What about it?"

He raised his eyebrow at me before the room lit up in cheers. Our heads turned towards the kitchen seeing the love birds of the night.