Training Day

A week later, Kirby was in the dojo with his brothers and Splinter. This time, Kirby had shoulder and knee pads. It was time to start his training. At the center was a variety of ninja weapons. "Choose your weapon," instructed Splinter. Kirby looked at each weapon, until he found one that caught his interest. It was a pair of kama sickles. He picked them up, and Splinter nodded. Leo and Raph got out a target practice dummy, and Kirby threw one of the kama sickles, stabbing the dummy. "Very good," said Splinter, "now we will teach you moves of combat." And so Splinter and the Turtles taught Kirby how to fight in the way of ninjitsiu.

After a couple hours, Splinter thought that was enough training for today for Kirby. So Kirby left the dojo, and April was in the living room. "Hey guys," said April as she smiled. "Hey April," said Donnie, and when he and April looked at each other, they both blushed. Kirby could tell that Donnie was in love with April. He did wonder if they were in a relationship. He could see it happening. "So Donnie," said April, "I was thinking of helping Kirby out. Maybe teach him how to read and write." Donnie smiled, showing off his gapped teeth as he said, "really? That's a great idea, April! What do you say Kirby?" Kirby couldn't believe it. He was offered a great opportunity, and how could he refuse? "Sure, I'd love that," said Kirby as he smiled. So that's how it went for the next few weeks. It was first learning ninjitsiu, and when Kirby wasn't training, he was learning how to read and write with April.