Chapter 11

"What?" you breathed out, your eyes glued to it.

"We will get you to agree, one way or another. But we will always make sure you..." she paused as you looked at her with wide eyes.

"And your unborn child stay alive."

"Wha-" you blinked, shaking your head "No, no no. What- what the fuck is this?" you growled, feeling tears well up in your eyes once more and this time it was more intense, just like the feeling in your chest.

"Heart monitors, of course." she said casually "To make sure your hearts just keep beating and that your pulses don't rise dangerously so. I mean, it will all depend on you. How willing are you to risk your child's life, (Y/n), for these hunters you call family?" she asked, clicking her pen and you clenched your jaw at her.

"What- I- I don't- I'm not- I can't- I-" you shut your eyes, breathing heavily and as expected your heart started beating faster as it was heard by one of the monitors. The contastly repeating sounds along with the awful smell of this place, and probably the condition you were in, made you feel even more dizzy than you were at first.

"What?" she chuckled, raising an eyebrow "Don't tell me you didn't know about it. Oh wow, apologies for breaking the easter egg a little too fast for you." she said so casually you wished so bad you could do something to shut her up.

"I'm not pregnant." you clenched your jaw, glaring at her "I can't be. This is all your doing, you're making me believe this machine is actually a heart monitor for the baby to- to make me give in more easily. It's not- I'm not- I'm not pregnant." you whispered, shaking your head and almost cursing at yourself for letting a tear slip your eye.

Truth was you wanted it. You wanted this more than anything, just a couple days ago you were trying with Dean for a child how could you actually stop feeling the need to have his kids? Maybe your mind told you it was wrong to want it when Sam appeared on your doorstep very much alive but that did by no means mean that your heart didn't long for it. You had actually dreamed about it, not that you would admit it to anyone, or yourself, that you really wanted this but... in this situation you didn't know how sure you were anymore. The situation was not ideal anymore, that much was obvious, and considering the danger you were in you started to fear the worst.

"I'm not." you breathed in and out heavily, eyes closed shut as you basically tried to convince yourself.

"You can tell that to yourself as many times as you want, (Y/n). But we both know it's the truth." she said with a shrug "If it wasn't for the kid we wouldn't have been so gentle, trust me. If anything, I would have already started trying to get you to cooperate in every possible way. As you see we were prepared for worse, but we won't resort to that for its sake. As long as you don't make us do so, (Y/n)." she glanced at some weird-looking tools to the side.

"But I-" your words got caught in your throat as you looked down at the other heart monitor, without realizing it more tears slipped from your eyes. You smiled, despite all of your feelings at seeing how lively it actually was. Strong, fast and healthy. Or at least as far as you could tell, remembering from your previous pregnancy. The beat and rhythm was similar to hers when you were about four months into your pregnancy and the doctor back then had told you she was very healthy. It was great times... almost.

"Now, let's start shall we?" she asked obnoxiously so, not caring for a second that you were all-but-freaking out at the new piece of information. They could keep insisting they were on your side but you weren't going to believe them, whoever they were.

You clenched your jaw as your eyes slipped from the device to the ground and rest of the place around you and you hardened your look. You took in a deep breath and clenched your fists. You looked up at her and straightened your back. Your heart was beating hard inside your chest but you were determined, and despite how much shocked you were you knew what you should do. If anything, you were going to fight for this kid.