Chapter 3

You stared at the mug that stood in front of you on the coffee table, the hot beverage having gotten cold long ago. What was it again? Jody had offered it to you but you didn't even remember what you told her, your thoughts were clouding your vision the entire time. You knew Dean was upstairs with Mary, probably talking to her. You didn't know if he was trying to explain to her what was going on. But if he was you were sure he would have been having a really hard time. You couldn't comprehend what was happening on the first place yourselves, how could you explain it to a little girl? Gosh, she must have been so confused and maybe scared. That was not the way you wanted it to happen, not that you had ever thought it would, but she was only a little child. How could she take all of this?

You couldn't even begin to think how Dean would be feeling at the moment either. You knew very well that his emotions just like yours would be mixed. On one hand his brother, the one he loved more than anything, was back from the dead. But on the other hand he was the father of the child he considered as his, the child he raised as his own, and... the man you loved way before him and for much longer.

As far as Sam was concerned, well, the last time you saw him it was on the living room after... Mary called Dean "dad". You knew that no matter what was going to happen after this, you would never forget the look you saw on the younger Winchester's face. It was going to hunt not only your days but also your dreams, that much you were sure about. You couldn't clearly describe it, not entirely. You knew that he was heartbroken but you couldn't exactly grasp the extend to which he was hurting. You probably didn't even want to imagine how much he would be suffering at hearing his own child, his first and only child, call another man that was actually his brother her dad.

As that your mind raced back to the moment you opened the door and came face to face with the man you loved more than anything but considered to belong ago dead.

-Flashback-

"Sam" you breathed out, your heart leaping to your throat. It came as a statement but not a conscious one, almost like a reflex before you could realize it. Because for all you knew it could be a demon parading in your... boyfriend's body. Gosh the mere thought felt so foreign all of a sudden.

"H-Hey baby." his voice sounded a little more hoarse than it usually would but not really different than what you remembered.

"You-" your vision started getting blury as obviously tears welled up in your eyes. You took in the state he was in and you guessed that he'd taken a stop by the bunker or something and cleaned himself up. Being unable to really say goodbye at first you had not burned his body, only buried it close to the bunker where you could visit him as often as you could.

Your lower lip was trembling as your mouth was slightly open, wanting but not being able to phrase the right words. Until your hunter's instincts kicked in and you clenched your jaw and your look hardened. Sam's own smile flattered as he saw the look on your face. If it really was him, or even a demon, he'd know what was going through your mind at that very moment.

"N-no! No, no (Y/n) I'm not-" before he had the chance to do anything you slammed the door shut in his face.

"(Y/n)!" he knocked on the door as you whiped your tears away furiously "(Y/n), open up. (Y/n)! (Y/n), please baby. It's me."

"I don't know what sick game you're playing-" you growled as you heard Dean get closer to you "But I want you to know that using my dead boyfriend's body as a meatsuit is not something I'll let slip." you whiped your tears angrily as you searched for the gun. You knew you had one close anyway.

"What?" Dean breathed out behind you and you turned to look at him with tears in your eyes, most probably red too. You knew your hands were shaking and Dean took notice of it.