Chapter 9

"I'm gonna have to talk with him."

"No, (Y/n)." Sam breathed out seeing the expression on your face "No, please. I- I can talk with him, you don't seem in the state to-"

"I'm in the perfect state, Sam." you huffed, taking Mary from his arms, but you were more hurt about something else "I told him, I made it clear that he and Mary could not see each other and he-"

"Should just accept it? Gosh, (Y/n) do you even hear what you're saying?" the anger was evident in his voice, hell frustration, but his expression and everything else showed how calm he was – for Mary obviously – and you averted your eyes, kissing your daughter's forehead. You almost recoiled at his words. In all the years you'd been with Sam you had seen him angry and let down only a few times, and each of them you didn't dare say a word as it made you realize the seriousness of the situation.

"This is Dean we're talking about, my brother Dean. He's the most stubborn man you'd meet in your entire life. He never goes down without a fight for what he wants and now with Mary- did you really think he was just going to let you keep him away from her like that? He was just too shocked, even if he didn't admit it, and he was a wreck for hurting you so he did't insist on it, but- he's not going to stop wanting to see her."

"I only want her to be happy." you whispered, Sam's words cutting you like a knife. Maybe you had been too heartbroken when you saw Dean was leaving, maybe too disappointed and angry at the same time and you couldn't control your actions or words, and it all lead to you looking like the worst mother ever but it was the only thing that lessened the pain and that in your foggy mind had made sense.

"And I know that, I understand that- better than anyone, remember?" he whispered, getting closer as he palced a hand on the small back of your daughter who only looked between the two of you with a frown.

"I know, that's why I understand (Y/n). We've made so many dreams about this little girl, about this life, and we almost had it. Having it taken away, especially in this kind of way, it turns you into a person you don't want to be. But- but don't do this to Mary, (Y/n). I wanted to wait to talk about this but-" he sighed, licking his lips as he looked down at your daughter.

"Sweetie, will you go back to playing? Mommy and- mommy and daddy have some talking to do, alright?"

"But- but I want to hear if it is aboout me and daddy Dean." she said with an adorable pout and Sam gave her a sad smile.

"Baby please, this is adult stuff. You won't be able to understand much, either. Just- go, and remember that the moment you want to leave you can tell us." he patted her head as she let a small sigh leave her lips.

"Alright, daddy." she said a little sadly "But- but what about daddy Dean?" she was hesitant but couldn't help herself from asking.

"Mary, I gave you a promise. I intend to keep it, you don't have to worry about that. Everything is going to be alright, we will sort it out." he said softly, leaning down to kiss the top of her head as she looked down at her hands with a small pout.

"Will you mommy?" she asked and up to this day you couldn't help but feel surprised at how she could catch some things even when you tried for her not to.

"Yeah, baby we will sort everything out. Your daddies and I will." you swallowed the lump in your throat as you averted your eyes from hers, for the first time in very long time because you were not able to actually face her while saying something you doubted so much yourself. Besides when had you ever said something this complicated and tried to make it seem easy?

"Alright" she breathed out before you loosened your grip on her and she jumped from your lap.

"Mary?" your voice stopped her before she could leave completely "I love you princess."