Percabeth- An Underwater Proposal

Annabeth POV

And that gesture went to his heart, more than any words she had spoken.

I smile softly as my eyes drift off to the next chapter. Just when I was about to start the cabin clock beeped softly indicating that everyone should head down to dinner. My hands fumble across the bed trying to find something suitable to use as a bookmark.

I reach out the edge of the nightstand my hand quickly settles on a piece of paper. My eyes skim across it seeing if it had any real use.

Dear Annabeth,

I think this is how you start a letter right? I vaguely recall learning about this in my elementary years. It's really hard to write stuff for you because when I do I have to expand my vocabulary to every word I know. Otherwise, your knowledgeable brain will over analyzes things. I wrote like what 4 sentences and I already had to whip out the thesaurus. Also, I just found out that a thesaurus is a dictionary that tells you words that are similar to others. That seems like something that you would already know though.

Great. I wrote a whole paragraph of nonsense without getting to the point. That just wasted a whole 7 minutes of a demigod's very short life. Not that I'm hinting that I'm going to or anything, well everyone is going to die it just matters how soon. You know what I need to focus on the point of this whole thing before I ramble away this whole paper. I have a surprise for you, I would have told you to come myself in person but I knew you were reading a book and I don't want to be punched today.

Seriously another sizable length of words that look like a paragraph has been wasted. I really should get to the point before I run out of paper. I want you to meet me at the beach I have bribed the harpies to make something special for us today. By the way, I bet Leo 10 drachmas that you wouldn't see this paper before you needed a bookmark. If you see him just tell him that you didn't see it until you needed a bookmark I really need the cash.

LOVE, Percy

P.S I am 100% sure that when you end a letter it has to be with love in all caps. :)

Note to self: Stop being cheesy.

~

A smile spreads across my face, the letter warmed me more than the first time Harry had butterbeer. What I wouldn't give to have a try of butterbeer. Of course, I can't feel any warmer and fuzzier than this.

I quickly packed a spare change of clothes into my drawstring bag. If Percy invites you to the beach for a surprise it means that you will most definitely get wet. I quickly slip on a pair of sandals and shuffle out of my bed.

I close my book without a mark reminding myself that if this surprise isn't good I will kill Percy for losing my page. Theoretically, it's not his fault that I choose to lose my page but he is my boyfriend and I can blame him for literally anything. Worst-case scenario I just blame one of my siblings.

I make my way to the beach basically skipping all the way down to the trails. Piper gives me a glance from her cabin and rushes over.

"Why are you so happy today?" She smiles. Her eyes gleam with excitement, she definitely knows something that I don't. And I definitely don't like that feeling of not knowing something.

"Nothing much Piper." I give her a friendly smirk. "Why are you so excited?"

"La Gasp! When did you become a mind reader?"

"Since you could fly."

Piper quickly glanced down at her watch and gave me a smile. "Oh look at the time, you seem to be in a hurry. I must let you go do whatever you have to do that I know nothing about."

I scrunch my eyebrows together, there is defiantly something that she's hiding.

I put my hand on her shoulder and she flinches slightly. "It seems that I'm in such a hurry to go somewhere I better get going."

-----

Percy sat on the beach, his arms were covered all the way in sand and he seemed to be having a conversation with a nearby crab.

"Hey, Percy!" I shouted louder than necessary.

He turned back to me and smiled. "Do you have a sunburn, or are you always this hot?"

"I don't have a sunburn because I've been inside all week and it's about 50 degrees."

"Come on Annabeth! Why do you always have to ruin my pick-up lines?"

I smirk at him. "Cus, they are dumb."

He rolls his eyes and motions me to sit closer to him.

He points out at the sunset, "You better be thankful that the sun it setting because you shine too bright."

"You know what Percy, if you keep being cheesy I'm leaving."

"Come on Annabeth if you keep being stubborn this isn't going to work out."

I laugh slightly and sit down beside him he buts an arm around my neck.

"Follow me I have to show you something."

"Seriously Percy, I just sat down."

He just shrugs and starts heading out to the lake and I follow right behind him.

I quickly catch up to him and he holds my hand as we submerge deeper into the water. When I descend not a single droplet of water formed on me. I guess I didn't need those extra clothes after all.

We swam through the water Percy made little hearts out of bubbles that grew bigger as we swam near. Fish surrounded us all over as the shape the bubbles into shapes. I looked underneath me and red fish swam around our feet forming a heart. I pull Percy closer to my chest and gave him a hug.

Little beads of sweat swam down his face. Doing all of that at one time must take a lot of energy. I really don't want to drown today. I motion him to take us back up to the surface, he smiles and summons a water current to boost us up.

On the surface of the water, we hovered over the lake a could feet and the water surrounded us like a pedestal. The bubbles that he made before rose to the surface forming a faint outline of words.

Marry Me

I look up at Percy and his face held a hopeful expression.

"Is it yes?"

"I want you to say it, I want to hear it from you." I was not taking any chances that this was a prank.

He goes down on one knee, pulls out a ring and says. "Mary me Annabeth, you'll never have to be alone, never again. I will go any where with you."

"Yes, of course I will."

Inside the box was a beautiful engagement ring, it was rose gold but, instead of a diamond in the center, it was a big white pearl. He carefully slipped the ring onto my finger. My heart felt giddy and pure happiness flooded my body.

"Hey Annabeth, did you bring extra clothes?"

"Yes of course, why?"

"I'm tired of keeping you dry, let's kiss."

I grin back at him pushing him into the water. My lips pressed against his, bringing me back to our first underwater kiss. The best one. Of course, this one came in a really close second.