His pet rat, Miraculous

Start from the beginning

A familiar man.

"Father?" Adrien's voice was croaky and sluggish. Muffled by the mask. Mr. Agreste did nothing. Adrien strained his eyes to see closer. His father was asleep. Something he never thought he'd see again in his lifetime. "Dad?" He spoke, this time slightly louder.

Still nothing.

Adrien gripped onto the sheets and moved them. His feeble body ached as he noticed dark purple marks on his legs. Bruises.

Gulping, Adrien stood. His bare feet freezing on the polished floor. He was wearing one of those hospital dresses, the ones they always wore in movies or TV shows.

Holding onto the bed for support, the boy walked over to his father, stumbling because of his numb legs. When he was walking the masks hose stretched as far as it would go, so he removed it and took in a gulp of what tasted like fake air.

Adrien felt light-headed and fought against the urge to throw up on the floor.

"Dad?"

"Adrien... Your mother she... Adrien, I'm sorry... I see him in his mother so much Natalie... Watch my son..." Mr. Agreste started to murmur words and Adrien froze. "Dad... Father wake up."

Gabriel's eyes opened and he straightened in the chair. He was still sleepy. The blonde haired boy just watched as his father started to realize what was happening. Gabriel had deep lines under his eyes, and the lines around his face were getting deeper, more noticeable. Age was becoming him.

"Adrien? Adrien!" Shock was the clearest emotion on his face. Along with happiness, fright and astonishment. "Your awake! Your awake... Get back in bed now. Your in danger while being out here. I'll get a nurse..." Gabriel started to push Adrien back without touching him, his palms demanding his son to do so.

"Father, Please..."
"Adrien! Look at you! Your... Unmendable." He doubted this but turned to the mirror he had noticed before, the one by the window.

Adrien was... broken.

His forehead had a bandage around it, a blood patch in the wrapping. Some of his hair was missing in places and his left eye was swollen. His neck had a small brace -probably a precaution- , his collarbone had dark marks on it. Cuts and bruises.
His arms were okay... Sorta. A few cuts here and there but otherwise fine.

But he was more worried about his chest. A pain was stuck on his right side. A rib? Most likely.

Adrien closed his eyes and sighed. It looked as bad as it felt. "Get in bed Adrien." His voice was not worried or demanding but sad, an emotion that Adrien didn't know his father was capable of having.

             (^w^)  +  (:·:)

After a few hours, Mr. Agreste had left for a break. Apparently Adrien had been in a drug-induced coma for three days and his father had stayed every minute of it. The nurses had come and go, checking if everything was fine.

Adrien had been right about the rib though. That was broken, the skin around it was black as night.

Now he was laying down in bed, staring at the TV which only had three channels. One was cooking, another shopping channel and the last news.

"Plagg?"

No reply.

"Plagg? Its all clear. You can come out now."

Nothing.

Adrien started to feel panic rising in his gut. "Plagg... Plagg!" A small squeak sounded under his bed.