Chapter 2: The Elf

'Twas a beautiful day in Illetheia. The skies were colored like the waves of a deep blue ocean, the breeze of Autumn's breath sweeping the trees for it's last final chance before Winter; the sound of water rushing calmly, lazing through the woods. Tunes of harps danced inside your ears as bountoful as Angels singing.
I dressed myself in my best silk robe: an off white gown seamed with gold, and trickled with speckles of the finest Elven jewels. I also adorned my ash black hair with my headpiece. A crown, if you will.. (Handmade of course,) forged from the highest grade of silver, along with the symbol of my people and clan, situated on the front of the jewelry. That symbol is a trio-leaf, made out of emerald, and painted in gold.
I exited my room from the third floor and slowly headed to the end of the hallway to descend the marble staircase. They led down in a spiral pattern, merging and intertwining with branches of nearby trees in the surrounding area; leaves, flowers and vines swayed gently from the Autumn air.
I reached the bottom of the twisted staircase and took the last step and entered the royal, Western Illetheian gardens. There, I spotted my Sister huddled in the grass whilst holding a wicker basket, picking flowers and herbs. 'Probably to make medicine and tea, no doubt.' I chuckled to myself.
I approached her cautiously, as to not alarm her.
"Arowyn, you have been here for nearly two hours. Do you not tire?" I smiled gently at her.
She turned her head just enough over her shoulder to look at me. "Oh Talvin! I did not think you would be up so early." She stood from the grass, obvious dirt and snippets of dead leaves clung lightly to the hem of her dress, decorating it as though they were patches on a quilt. She never was a very clean child, growing up. She was a tom-boy for as long as I could remember.
"Careful, Arowyn. Do not let Father catch you calling me by that name; nor seeing your silks covered in dirt. Is that not the one he gave you on your 215th birthday? Here, I will take the flowers. Please go and change, dear Sister." I stepped forward, stretching my hand out, palm up. She gave me a disapproving look as usual, as she handed over the basket to me. I shot her a smug look.
"Do not worry, I will make sure these are delivered to Vlandriel and Xanthes, unharmed. Go and make yourself presentable before Father and the others meet in the hall this afternoon." I spoke softly, as I made an effort to shoo her along with a gesture of my hand, motioning to the door.
"Fine, have it your way." She grabbed the bottom of her dress and lifted up a few inches from the ground to keep it from dragging any further through the dirt, while she walked. She said nothing more to me as she exited the gardens on the opposite side of the enclosed nursery, going into the main building. I shook my head.
"I swear, I will never understand that girl." I spoke, more to myself than anyone else, strolling down the aisles of the beautiful garden, as I went to track down Vlandriel. Thankfully, he was nearby, so I did not have to hunt for too long of a time. I found him watering the man-eating fly traps. "Ah! Vlandriel! Just the Elf I was searching for." I spoke aloud, walking over to him to hand him the basket of different varieties of flora Arowyn had picked. Vlandriel glanced at me, taking the basket from me and bowing lowly before speaking. "My Prince, what happened to Arowyn? Aren't these hers?" He asked, tilting his head to the side and gripping the thick woven handle.
"Yes it is. I offered to take them to you,  so I sent her off to her room." Vlandriel simply nodded, not asking any bothersome questions. I've always liked him for it.
He set the pale down on the ground, in which he was using to water the fly traps with. "Yes, your majesty."
I bowed to him, and he bowed back.
"Thank you, you may continue what you were doing." I smiled and then swiftly left out of the area to enter the main palace.
The room that was behind that particular door I went through, was the Alchemy room. That is where the Mage Elves use their magic to procure potions, medicines and to enchant armor using the herbs and flowers gathered in our nurseries. It aids our people for battle just in case we are attacked. Not to say that that time will ever come; given the success we have had in our past with having zero threats presenting themselves at our borders. It isn't something we deal with here. Violence and war are absolete in this High Elven society. It is unforgivable. We take pride in that. Unlike our Sister race, the Dark Elves. FOUL creatures they are. We help no one in the age of Man. We have come to be neutral. We do not stick our noses into the lives and misfortunes of others. It is none of our business. Yes, it may seem cruel to some, however that very rule of ours is the sole reason that our city has prospered with peace for more than 500 years. War will never breach the barriers of Illetheia, due to it being cloaked; unseen by the untrained eye. No mortal, Demon, or creature that inhabits this Earth will ever step foot upon our land. Not while I am Prince, soon to be the very King of this sanction of Elves. Not while my name is Rowan Talvin Elleon, the only son of Salazsar Ardryll Elleon.

 Not while my name is Rowan Talvin Elleon, the only son of Salazsar Ardryll Elleon