Chapter 5: Human and the Elves Pt. 2

My backpack laid a few feet away from me, tangled in some weird, spiky tendrils.
My head began to throb, shooting pains congregated up my limbs from the impact that I took from the long drop. I opened my eyes and tried to move, realizing I was lying half in and half out of the water. It felt nice. The cold water soothed my face and hands. But I had to move, otherwise I was going to die.
"I...I n-need to move. Shit. That thing i-is going to get me if I don't hurry up." I coughed out, trying to pull myself up despite the pain I was suffering. I got up to my feet and staggered over to the bush that intwined my bag and yanked on it, struggling to free it from the twisty tendrils that held it. Eventually, I pried it loose and then heard another warning roar above me...
AGAIN!
I looked up to the sky, seeing the creature that had been chasing me, was still around. It was looking for a perfect time to attack me and it had.
It spotted me and raced down at full speed. I fell to my knees, giving up on life as I lifted my arms to cover my face, fearing the absolute worst. I cowered down, completely believing that I was dead meat, but a sonorous fire crackled and I could feal heat nearby, as well as hearing something blur by me; continued by a strong, powerful roaring fire. A banshee shrieking howl of pain came from the bird, emitting out to fill the air. I quickly opened my eyes to hopefully catch what was happening but I saw nothing. There were only remnants of smoke and ash in the air, shielding my vision. I scrambled to my feet and looked all around me, stumbling... Wondering what in the world just occurred.
"Wait, what? What happened to that bird thing that was attacking me?" I asked out loud to myself, completely dumbfounded. "And where did that random fire come from?" I sighed, bending down to grab and slid my backpack on. It was a sigh of relief.
"Whatever it was that saved me, IF it saved me, I am glad for it. At least now I can breathe for the time being and gather my composure. Seriously, what a day this is turning out to be." I clicked my tongue.
I shrugged my bag off again to open it up, taking off my ruined jacket that is literally been torn to shreds from somersaulting through nature, and stuffing it inside. "Ugh. That was my favorite jacket, and man do I need a shower." I sighed heavily once more, closing up the bag and hoisting it on my shoulder for the upteenth time. My left arm still throbbed from the gash.
"My arm stings. Its pretty banged up." I pulled out a towel from a side pocket, dipped it into the cold water of the suspiciously crystal clear stream, and applied it to my arm. I hissed in pain, sucking in a breath and biting my lower lip.
"I hope it stops bleeding soon." I said, taking a step forward and took one last look at my surroundings.
"Where am I, anyway?" As I took that step, an object twinkled in the distance, catching my eye and flew right at me, landing between my feet. I looked at it. It was an ARROW!!
I screamed and jumped back. (It seems as though that is the only thing I know how to do.)
This was really not my day, like at ALL. Can't I just live my life and go back to being a normal girl, with normal things?
The brush that the direction of which the arrow came from, rustled. Soon, three very tall guys dressed in fantasy looking robes emerged, making me pause in my tracks. My green eyes widened, frozen like a deer in headlights.
One of them spoke to me, one with silvery blond hair, who had a bow pointed at me; arrow and all.