I built up this persona that nothing really bothered me, although having people question my character worried me. Usually I didn't care what people thought, but this was my pack. If they didn't trust me, I had no influence.

"Not so far, but we have to hope for the best." Owen shook his head. I shot him a look before he made a repeat of last night. Taylor noticed his change in mood as well and decided to change the subject. "Luna, is it okay if I check you and the pup?"

I ran my hand through my hair. "Taylor I'm fine. I'll let you know if I start feeling off." She hesitated for a moment but nodded.

"I'll leave you two alone." She said before she left the room. Owen grabbed our mother's hand then sat beside her bedside.

"Do you think she can hear us?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know...maybe. I think I saw in a movie on time, the lady could hear her husband speaking to her." He furrowed his brows. "What movie was that?" I sighed then sat in the seat next to him.

"I don't remember what it was called." He nodded then directed his focus back to our mother.

We sat there in silence for about an hour when Owen decided to stand. "I'm going to go check on Nelly." He explained.

"Yeah go ahead." He placed a kiss on my forehead then left the room. Only to be replaced my my dad a few minutes later. My dad's eyes landed on me then on my mom. He sighed then sat besides me. "How is she?" His gruff voice filled the room.

"She'll wake up daddy. I know she will." He placed her hand in both of his. "I hope so."

I played with the hem of my sweater, not sure what to say after the day I've had. To my relief, my dad filled the awkward silence. "I am very proud of you Brinn." I rose my head and stared at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"You have shown a great amount of strength and leadership over the last few days and I am proud." His eyes lit up as he spoke. "I know it was hard for you to make the decision to kill Lily, but I know you did what was best for your pack and your family." He stared down at my stomach then sighed.

"Sometimes we are forced to make the hardest decisions in life, but that's what makes you stronger. Don't ever feel bad for protecting your pack and your pup. You did what you had to and we all support you, okay?" I nodded as I placed my hand over my stomach. "Thank you daddy." I immediately pulled him into a hug.

"I think your mate wants to speak with you." I followed my dad's gaze towards the window behind us. Further out into the woods stood Titus's wolf. His golden eyes stayed glued on me as I stood. "I guess you're right. I'll see you later." He nodded before he turned and faced my mom.

I fumbled with the knitted grey bracelet on my right hand. I was nervous to talk to Titus.

He was mate I shouldn't feel these type of emotions just by having a simple conversation.

I knew deep down that I was getting all worked up for no reason.

I took a deep breath then walked further into the woods. Titus gestured for me to follow once I got closer. I stared down at the heavy snow piled on top of the ground. We were on the early stages of January. I loved winter, but I couldn't wait to finally feel the sun radiating onto my skin from a hot summer day.